Hello There! Aquatic Creations General Info.

Discussion in 'Aquatic Creations' started by Myk, Dec 27, 2017.

1. Myk

Myk Aquatic Creations www.ReefDelivery.com Platinum Sponsor

Hi,

My name is Myk, owner of Aquatic Creations. We are an aquarium installation and service company located in Amherst, NH. We have a small aquarium specialty shop located at.

100 State Route 101A
    Unit 2
    Amherst, NH. 03031

We are right on the main road, but are difficult to see. We share the small brick building with Aamco Transmissions right across the street from Atlas Fireworks.

The focus of our store is to provide quarantined and healthy livestock for our service clients and for our retail customers as well as high quality products and supplies from all over the world. As a service business we have vans that travel all over southern, NH. to northeastern MA. and even have some routes that extend to close to VT and ME. We prefer to deliver ourselves on our service routes when possible, but are equipped to ship as well if necessary. Of course, folks are always welcome to stop by our store during regular business hours (or by appointment for off hours) please call ahead though as we occasionally have to shut down the shop to run and pick up livestock from the airport or deal with one of our 6 kids for some reason or another. :) Our regular business hours are.

Mon, Tues, Wed. - Store by appointment only, services and deliveries 10am-6pm
    Thursday - Store 3pm-8pm, services and deliveries 10am-6pm
    Friday - Store 11am-8pm, services and deliveries 10am-6pm
    Sat. and Sun. - Store 11am-5pm, no services or deliveries, but emergency service is available 24/7/365.

As a company we have a mission! We consider the systems that we maintain to be a representation of the beauty of a natural part of the world that we may not be able to see everyday. We consider the livestock within those systems to be the ambassadors of their home environments. It is our goal to take the best care possible to provide these creatures with an outstanding environment to live and thrive in and to prepare them for a long and healthy life in our care and in the care of other hobbyists and professionals. Our intention is to work hard to do this in the most responsible way possible and to give back to the communities, native people and the environments from where these creatures came from. We intend to share our knowledge, processes and experience to help inform others that intend to take on the responsibility of caring for these creatures to the best of our ability.
    Our goal is not to have the lowest prices, but rather to have the highest quality and customer service.

Now with all that said I hope that you are still with me here. :) In line with our mission we are a licensed livestock importer. We work only with responsible, sustainable certified net catch operations. In many cases we are dealing directly with the divers collecting the specimens and many are OFI members. We are also fortunate to be very close by to Sea and Reef Aquaculture and purchase from some great tank raised fish facilities.

Aquaculture is extremely important, but it is equally important to give back. Trading frags is great, but pales in comparison to what mother nature an do. Support those that rebuild the reef on site where it actually is. Trading frags is just simply not going to save the reefs of the world. Keeping the local people of the island nations employed and the scientists funded will do much more! When you buy a piece of coral here at Aquatic Creations please note that 10% of your purchase will go BACK TO SUPPORTING THE REEF! No matter if it is a large colony or a $5.00 frag freshly cut here in the shop, we take 10% of that money and send it to organizations like Coral Reef Restoration, ADE and LINI. Please join us in supporting these organizations!

All of the fish here at Aquatic Creations go through a comprehensive quarantine process including a modified transfer method, deworming and other medications as needed. The fish are also fed extremely well on New Life Spectrum, Rod's Reef, LRS Frenzy Foods and various live and specialty foods like Masstick and clams for those that like to pick. For the final portion of the QT process the fish are kept in individual containers for individual care before being shipped or delivered.

The most important part of our mission is you our customer and the reef hobbyist. I hope that you will feel welcome to contact us anytime with your questions and to give us the opportunity to assist you in this great hobby in any way that we can whether that is here on the forums or in person at the shop. What we all do as hobbyists is far greater than just that and if you really take a look you will see how you are a driving force in doing some real good for the future and for the environment and for the protection of the living reefs and the communities they support around the world. I hope to see you around the shop if you are local to us or in the neighborhood visiting or perhaps at a trade show somewhere in the northeast!

If you would like to join our mailing list and get weekly updates on our livestock and the Friday coral WYSIWYG please email me at myk@reefdelivery.com or pm with your full name and your email address.

Anyway, enough about us. Tell us more about you! :) I am looking forward to hearing from you and looking forward to participating here with you on R2R!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    Kremis, Treasure Coast and leahfiish like this.
    Tags:

2. frederickboucher

frederickboucher Member Partner Member 2018

Hey Myk,

Good to see you on R2R! Thanks for taking care of my tank!

3. Myk

Myk Aquatic Creations www.ReefDelivery.com Platinum Sponsor

Thank you Frederick! Glad to be here and we appreciate your business! I hope that Steph is doing an outstanding job on the tank. :)