Hello there! New into salt Water Aquarium.

Reefer of Oz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yo yo Javi, Welcome!
As a new member myself, I will have little to offer you. I do feel bad for your trial in learning the cycle. It can be disheartening to experience a loss like that. Hopefully new reefers like me can learn from new reefers like you. Glad to see you willing to push through it and realize that learning come on the back end of tragedy sometimes. Keep reefing hard!

Mr_Knightley

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy.gif

OP
OP
JaviNap90

JaviNap90

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. Wow 600 fish is a lot to lose. Hope it works out taking things slowly.
lol not 600 fish, $600 worth of fish. i had like 4 tangs, two clowns, royal gramma, cardinals, wrasses. i didn't add them all at the same time but in a matter of weeks. Way too fast for the system to support the load. I think what happened was one of the last fish i introduced came with something and fish couldn't handled so they all started going one by one. learned the hard way.

OP
OP
JaviNap90

JaviNap90

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef. What rocks did you use? I'm in build phase so any lessons you impart would help out a lot.
Hi, I started with dry rock. the cheap one that usually is $2.25 p/pound. It took a long time to cycle all sort of stuff started to grow on them a result of the cycling so i wasn't upset about that. The reason i am in the process of changing them is because i barely have space for the fish to swim in all directions for the structure of the rocks themselves. So i decided now that i dont have any fish i can change them and create a better aquascape for them. Now the fish will have room to swim left to right in and out and in all directions like in a real reef. these rocks are more expensive but is worth it. Strictly Fish which is one of my local stores were supper nice to accept the rock back at the same price i got them so i can et the archers. if you need any other advise from my rough beginning by all means let me know. I have it fresh lol

OP
OP
JaviNap90

JaviNap90

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yo yo Javi, Welcome!
As a new member myself, I will have little to offer you. I do feel bad for your trial in learning the cycle. It can be disheartening to experience a loss like that. Hopefully new reefers like me can learn from new reefers like you. Glad to see you willing to push through it and realize that learning come on the back end of tragedy sometimes. Keep reefing hard!
Thank you brother. For sure i wont stop. The main reason i came to salt was because of the grand variety of fish and colors but i already changed my mind and am in love with the corals. cant wait to next year to see the tank really kick off!

Jimbhoy13

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol not 600 fish, $600 worth of fish. i had like 4 tangs, two clowns, royal gramma, cardinals, wrasses. i didn't add them all at the same time but in a matter of weeks. Way too fast for the system to support the load. I think what happened was one of the last fish i introduced came with something and fish couldn't handled so they all started going one by one. learned the hard way.
Ah that’s good. Thought it was a lot to have in a tank lol. It’s always a hard lesson when a fish, or coral is lost. Happens to us all.

Nanorock1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the wonderful folks, information and help.
Patience, it is the big word around here, Reefing is patience to cycle, to watch things grow, to keep your tank balanced.
I recommend to everyone joining to create a tank build thread.
1. You get to see where you have started and how much you have grown in this hobby.
2. We love pictures and to see what your doing with your tank.
3. It’s a great learning tool for all of us to see what works and doesn’t . We learn great stuff from each other.
Lastly the only bad question here is the one not asked...

OP
OP
JaviNap90

JaviNap90

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the wonderful folks, information and help.
Patience, it is the big word around here, Reefing is patience to cycle, to watch things grow, to keep your tank balanced.
I recommend to everyone joining to create a tank build thread.
1. You get to see where you have started and how much you have grown in this hobby.
2. We love pictures and to see what your doing with your tank.
3. It’s a great learning tool for all of us to see what works and doesn’t . We learn great stuff from each other.
Lastly the only bad question here is the one not asked...
Thank you! i will do that right now. i have a lot of pictures but not sure they are in the right format. will give it a try

Dw79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
l0MYDEPLWRWbJoRuU.gif

Welcome to R2R!!!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 159 62.1%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 68 26.6%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 89 34.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.2%
Back