Hello to everyone on r2r, and happy holidays!!!

supercross10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and very excited to learn alot more about this great hobby. Lets see, I am 26yrs old, and live in Louisiana and have recently( well 6 months ago ) bought my first ever Salt Water Aquarium!!! Had wanted and dreamed of owning one for 15 or so years, and now I have (for 6 months old) a Great looking 90g reef tank, and am proud of myself for doing absolutly everything there was involved in setting everything up myself, with honestly no really background of the sort, and have learned so much on the way! In my aquarium I have...a Sailfin tang,coral beauty,bicolor blenny,yellow watchman goby/w candy pistol shrimp( b/f I got the shrimp he wasn;t to active, now he has a different but funny way to him, like hes very important with a attitude ), 3tailbot damsels,2 golden belly damsels,2 cleaner shrimp,and a gorgeous wrasse. as far as corals Actaully today I got a large anenome (my first one >>>>) and just your normals, candy corals, xenias, zoas, tons of diff. mushrooms,tons of diff. polys also, a torch coral, 2 diff. star polys, frogspawns, hammers, and a few leather corals! My 90g also has a wet/dry filtration system w a great protein skimmer, all custom wood top and bottom, a red sea wavemaker, w/ 5way wave motion heads ( well a korl.4 and a sicco4 I belive its called. I just did alittle custom job instead of my return pump having 1 way back into the tank now theres 3, and plus the 2 power heads. Its actually to much, but i really don't know? ..........Also about 3 months ago I got a 40g breeder with a Marineland Emper. 400, also I just added a Reef octopus 110 protein skimmer to it,that things great. And in the aquarium is my lil Pourcipine baby puffer named "Pall", and "Trig" who is a Piccaso Trigger ( both are no larger than 4-6inches maybe) oh, also a nano hydrok. These little guys are so personable, its amazing. Its like you don't want to leave the lil fellow (the puffer) once you take 1 glance at him, he's just got that cute "smile and face", idk, you know what I mean,haha! Anyway, thats about it as far as my 6 month amazing journey into this new hobby of mine. Thank you all and God Bless!

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck and welcome. Make sure to read as much advice and ask tons of questions. It'll save you a lot of money in the long run.

I like the puffer fish a lot...they're really interesting fish! They tend to have a serious issue with ich and they tend to pick at everything in a tank and that's why I stay away...but yeah, I like going to fish stores and watch them hoover around the glass checking me out ;)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 42.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back