Hello

Mattscubeofwater

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello reefers. I’m new here and to the hobbie. Been wanting to do a salt water tank since I was a kid and finally got around to it. Every time I’m at my brothers house admiring his reef tank, after a few to many beverages I announce to my wife I am starting a tank. The last time (August) I guess I was serious. I’ve been reading and acquiring all the equipment since then.

It started with an awesome 93 gallon cube tank I found on Craigslist and got it for a steal. The stand looked really bad so I refinished it and changed it from black to white. So far I have acquired:

Lighting: Kessil 360w with light mount (1 more on the way)
Sump: trigger ruby 30 with refuge lit by Kessil H80
Powerheads: ecotech MP40
Sicce return pumps
Bulk reef supply RoDI
Some other things I can’t think of

I’m planning on using Liferock primarily. I will be drilling and roding the rock to make the rock structures as visually appealing as possible.

Nearly everything I purchased involved hours of research both on this forum and speaking with hobbyists and lfs experts. So thank you all. Specifically the lights, I had nearly talked myself out of Kessil due to the longevity issues. However after seeing them in person, the shimmer was unmatched by any other light in my opinion. They were mesmerizing.

The sump just arrived today and After throughly researching sumps and nearly buying the eshopps sump I went with this one instead. Also another decision based on reviews from this site. I couldn’t be happier with the quality.

Anyway, thanks for reading. Looking forward to joining the reefer community. Well, The respectable one that is lol

840D122B-10FF-4E05-9B89-D55AFEFB476B.jpeg

ABF47EA9-6120-49CC-8174-3E1F1AA3FE87.jpeg

Last edited:

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back