Help 4FordFamily build a wall tank...

Discussion in 'Reef Aquarium Discussion' started by 4FordFamily, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Paul B

Paul B Valuable Member R2R Supporter Reef Spotlight Award Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

No chance of that, My boat has copper paint on the bottom. :D

2. anit77

anit77 Active Member

There's a company near you in Indy that builds tanks. DON'T USE HIM! He's a crook and never delivers. A local club member here in Atlanta had problems with him and ended up going with MRC. He got a 10'x5'x3', the acrylic used to make the tank has a 30yr warranty against yellowing. I helped him get the tank in the house and on the stand about a year and a half ago. Here's a shot of it outside. I'm guy guy on the far right and I'm 6'3". I can link the build thread of you'd like.[​IMG]

jsker, Big G, U_ser_ID and 3 others like this.
  3. 4FordFamily

4FordFamily Tang, Angel, & Wrasse Addict Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Shoot, come on by! Haha!

Sounds expensive! Where are you and how bad do they want to give it away? Haha!

Thanks, me too!

jsker, Big G and Eva Rose like this.
  4. nautical_nathaniel

nautical_nathaniel Indecision may or may not be my problem. R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Reef Squad Leader Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

This sounds awesome! I'm tagging along to see how it goes :)

jsker, Big G and 4FordFamily like this.
  5. mmw64

mmw64 Well-Known Member

following!

jsker, Big G and 4FordFamily like this.
  6. U_ser_ID

U_ser_ID Member

I would love to see that build thread!

4Ford, looking forward to watching your build, sub'd!

jsker, 4FordFamily and Big G like this.
  7. Big G

Big G Valuable Member R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Man. Your wife is a keeper ;) That tank is going to be so big you are going to need to bring in some sand for a beach, and of course a Tiki Bar.

8. 4FordFamily

4FordFamily Tang, Angel, & Wrasse Addict Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

It’s right by my basement bar where it’ll be going in, I’ll get a pool table and a card table for the area next to it as well.

But yeah I have some money to make haha!

9. 4FordFamily

Well, I can find tons of 7-8 foot tanks, found a 10 footer in Texas from a member here 120x36x20 but 15 hour drive is more than I can handle! It was a nice offer. If it were taller I’d actually consider it, but not sure how I’d work out those logistics!

jsker likes this.
  10. Fudsey

Fudsey Jack of all trades R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Rent a van..... ROAD TRIP ! ! ! ! ;Woot;Woot;Woot

11. 5altkreep

5altkreep Active Member

Sorry, but taking a mile isnt an effective treatment for ich... but it might be manageable in a 10' tank :p

jsker, Fudsey and 4FordFamily like this.
  12. MZReef120

MZReef120 Member

Wow!!! I am following this, its going to be awesome! My wife finally agreed on getting my 120gal back up and running now that we have moved into our new home. lol. I'm in the process of re-doing everything now so hopefully be up and running in a month or so. Good luck with your tank!

jsker and 4FordFamily like this.
  13. cracker

cracker Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Man, Your obligated Now ! LOL

14. 4FordFamily

Tell me about it :D

15. Maggie321

Maggie321 Well-Known Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award

16. 4FordFamily

Thanks, I texted him! I really appreciate it, this is very helpful! Anyone else finds this stuff let me know.

I’m not sure the length on it but I think it may be ten! :)

I remember back in the day there was something called crazedlist where you could search several craigslist at one time, I used to find all sorts of goodies that way. I always wanted a very specific car with specific trim, or some modification.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
    jsker likes this.
  17. Maggie321

Maggie321 Well-Known Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award

They didn't have the dimensions listed, but I have a 7'/200g, so I think a 285 may be close to what you are looking for. If you get it and don't want to take the fish, live rock and coral, i could get you the info for the LFS that I think is the most amazing. It's a small store, but she is awesome!

I may take a small bit of it as a finders fee too (I'd really pay you for some)

18. Transporter

Transporter Member

Jason,
    Depending on where around Indy you are, I'm about and hour and a half north of you in Blackford county. (About half way between Ft Wayne and Indy) Anyway, I have a 75 gallon tank that would be perfect for your sump...it has some light scratches on the inside of the glass from where the kiddos got too happy with the mag float cleaner. It's just sitting empty right now, and for you, it could be had for the amazing price of driving up here and picking it up ! Depending on the day and time, I could probably even meet you somewhere. PM me and let me know.

jsker likes this.
  19. Mccool

Mccool Active Member Build Thread Contributor

It's in Texas. I don't know the seller, just did a quick Craigslist search for you. Looks overpriced though at $7500 for tank and stand.

20. CanadianReefer

CanadianReefer Active Member

Very deep sand bed :) that's how this gal ended up being able to work on her tank (at 5'3" no less)... oh, and a husband who is 6' and willing to help out. I'd say my sand bed is around 6" deep.

Draft saved Draft deleted