Help 4FordFamily build a wall tank...

anit77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a company near you in Indy that builds tanks. DON'T USE HIM! He's a crook and never delivers. A local club member here in Atlanta had problems with him and ended up going with MRC. He got a 10'x5'x3', the acrylic used to make the tank has a 30yr warranty against yellowing. I helped him get the tank in the house and on the stand about a year and a half ago. Here's a shot of it outside. I'm guy guy on the far right and I'm 6'3". I can link the build thread of you'd like.
ea3052782edf8606ac21dda656b27ca0.jpg

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Emperor angel, queen angel, French angel, Moorish Idols, Blueface angel, Passer angel, Ocean surgeonfish, Caribbean Blue tang, dussumeri tang, Blonde Naso Tang, achilles, Powder Blue, powder brown, and Sohal tangs. A puffer or two, a black volition lionfish, a trigger or two (toying hard with the clown trigger but I know the risks), Hawaiian Male banana wrasse, large red coris wrasse, Australian harlequin tusk, some other more aggressive wrasse and who knows what else.

On an unrelated note, it’s become apparent to me that I need to make a lot of money, quickly! :D

I may have to say no on the clown trigger after reading — large idols will be a target, even in a large tank. Idols take prescendent.

I’m also taking suggestions!
following!

U_ser_ID

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a company near you in Indy that builds tanks. DON'T USE HIM! He's a crook and never delivers. A local club member here in Atlanta had problems with him and ended up going with MRC. He got a 10'x5'x3', the acrylic used to make the tank has a 30yr warranty against yellowing. I helped him get the tank in the house and on the stand about a year and a half ago. Here's a shot of it outside. I'm guy guy on the far right and I'm 6'3". I can link the build thread of you'd like.
ea3052782edf8606ac21dda656b27ca0.jpg
I would love to see that build thread!

4Ford, looking forward to watching your build, sub'd!

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man. Your wife is a keeper

clear.png

That tank is going to be so big you are going to need to bring in some sand for a beach, and of course a Tiki Bar.

It’s right by my basement bar where it’ll be going in, I’ll get a pool table and a card table for the area next to it as well.

But yeah I have some money to make haha!

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I can find tons of 7-8 foot tanks, found a 10 footer in Texas from a member here 120x36x20 but 15 hour drive is more than I can handle! It was a nice offer. If it were taller I’d actually consider it, but not sure how I’d work out those logistics!

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I can find tons of 7-8 foot tanks, found a 10 footer in Texas from a member here 120x36x20 but 15 hour drive is more than I can handle! It was a nice offer. If it were taller I’d actually consider it, but not sure how I’d work out those logistics!

Rent a van..... ROAD TRIP ! ! ! ! ;Woot;Woot;Woot

MZReef120

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow!!! I am following this, its going to be awesome! My wife finally agreed on getting my 120gal back up and running now that we have moved into our new home. lol. I'm in the process of re-doing everything now so hopefully be up and running in a month or so. Good luck with your tank!

OP
OP
4FordFamily

4FordFamily

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://kansascity.craigslist.org/for/d/beautiful-saltwater-reef-tank/6499933397.html

that is a link to a 285 in Liberty MO. I do not know them, just took a quick look on craigslist.
Thanks, I texted him! I really appreciate it, this is very helpful! Anyone else finds this stuff let me know.

I’m not sure the length on it but I think it may be ten! :)

I remember back in the day there was something called crazedlist where you could search several craigslist at one time, I used to find all sorts of goodies that way. I always wanted a very specific car with specific trim, or some modification.

Last edited:

Maggie321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I texted him! I really appreciate it! Anyone else finds this stuff let me know.

I remember back in the day there was something called crazedlist where you could search several craigslist at one time, I used to find all sorts of goodies that way. I always wanted a very specific car with specific trim, or some modification.
They didn't have the dimensions listed, but I have a 7'/200g, so I think a 285 may be close to what you are looking for. If you get it and don't want to take the fish, live rock and coral, i could get you the info for the LFS that I think is the most amazing. It's a small store, but she is awesome!

I may take a small bit of it as a finders fee too (I'd really pay you for some) [emoji6]

Transporter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jason,
Depending on where around Indy you are, I'm about and hour and a half north of you in Blackford county. (About half way between Ft Wayne and Indy) Anyway, I have a 75 gallon tank that would be perfect for your sump...it has some light scratches on the inside of the glass from where the kiddos got too happy with the mag float cleaner. It's just sitting empty right now, and for you, it could be had for the amazing price of driving up here and picking it up ! Depending on the day and time, I could probably even meet you somewhere. PM me and let me know.

CanadianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very deep sand bed :) that's how this gal ended up being able to work on her tank (at 5'3" no less)... oh, and a husband who is 6' and willing to help out. I'd say my sand bed is around 6" deep.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back