Help an sps noob - some are great, others not so much.

Kongar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would some sps do great and others not so much? I recently got a battlebox and I have two similar pieces next to each other. One is thriving - crazy polyp extension and I can see growth in just a few short weeks. Right nextdoor to it is another acro that doesn’t have any extension and today I noticed one of the branches is bleaching/fading in the middle of the stalk. Not at the tips, not at the bottom. Same flow, same light, I don’t get it.

They’ve only been in there a couple of weeks, could they still be adjusting? I’m hesitant to move the stressed one, but something is telling me it’s just not happy. Is it common to lose the odd acro in a tank where others are doing well? With lps, when one isn’t happy, they all aren’t happy.

Alk 9dkh. Daily swing of .3 with manual dosing
nitrates 2
Phosphates 0.05
200 and change par

OP
OP
Kongar

Kongar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of flow?
Same flow for both - high. Polyps get blown one way and then a variable flow nozzle directly blows on it from the other direction every second or so. Or I should say, the polyps on the one that seems to be happy blow around, the other isn’t too happy and there’s no polyps.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back