HELP ASAP - TRIDENT OWNERS - I have a chance at one. Should I??

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is plug and play.

You can watch the installation video today on Neptunes portal. That is what I did before I unboxed mine. At least this way I had an idea of what to do prior to. It really is easy to do and took less than 30 minutes.

Calibration - the instructions say to wait for 72 or more hours. Maybe it was 48 - 72. In any case I waited a week as I didn't see a need to rush.

Also if you haven't done so update the Apex OS prior to trident installation.

Thank you. Where is the video at in the portal? Also, thank you for the update tip. I just looked and yep Apex just released a new update. I will update as soon as I get home.

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't wait for new gear because then that has to go through the million monkey's to see if it actually does what it says it does or not. This is the perfect time for a Trident - we know what it does and how to use it.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't wait for new gear because then that has to go through the million monkey's to see if it actually does what it says it does or not. This is the perfect time for a Trident - we know what it does and how to use it.

I agree. Glad I got it. Mine comes in next Thursday!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, been pretty happy with my trident. My tank looks sooooo much better .... ok, actually it looks exactly the same, but I don’t waste nearly as much time as I used to on testing. Except, I never really did all that much testing .... hmmn. Having trident means I fiddle with my CaRx more than I used to .... gots to keep the numbers precisely constant after all. Factor in the cost of OCD meds. As reagents run out, I get funky reading alerts which creates alert anxiety if I’m out of town. Anxiety meds needed. More data is better than less data I suppose so I’m glad I have it. Requires perspective though.

Daveobrien

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm two weeks into my Trident. I've already had an incident where I bumped the CO2 on my calcium reactor cleaning something else the night before, and glancing at my settings at work I could see my Alk was Spiking. (+2) Was able to manually shut off the CO2 until I got home and corrected my mistake.

I wasn't working on the CO2, so wasn't even looking for a "post maintenance issue." The ease of glancing at regular Alk readings helped me catch a nasty situation.

It was a good choice for me to add a Trident to my setup.

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm two weeks into my Trident. I've already had an incident where I bumped the CO2 on my calcium reactor cleaning something else the night before, and glancing at my settings at work I could see my Alk was Spiking. (+2) Was able to manually shut off the CO2 until I got home and corrected my mistake.

I wasn't working on the CO2, so wasn't even looking for a "post maintenance issue." The ease of glancing at regular Alk readings helped me catch a nasty situation.

It was a good choice for me to add a Trident to my setup.

Awesome!! Looking forward to the testing redundancy!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back