OP
OP
VetReefer

VetReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly what I would recommend. Happened to me one time. Who knows what type of parasite or bacteria is chewing away at them fish, but now that it is all over the tank, might as well treat that tank as your quarantine now. I would do 50% water change every other day till conditions improve. I removed all of my substrate, rocks, etc. rinsed filter sock from sump daily! I cranked up the heat to 80F. Added new carbon in my reactor.(changed that weekly) and dosed with whatever my FLFS Recommend to treat bacteria, fungus, ick, etc. now a days there are quite a few
(API (2 Pack) Melafix Antibacterial Fish Remedy 16-Ounce worked for me
***Cross fingers! You have really nice fish man!
*It helped to put an air stone
*good water flow too.
Man I can't make that much water lol. It's a 240 gallon. I'll try whatever right now

OP
OP
VetReefer

VetReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
11 tangs? What fish are together in the display? Usually fish disease and bacterial outbreak on a fish is from stress.
You can qt and treat all you want.
Stress is the key factor imo.
Hope your beautiful fish recover.
I would drain the tank. Me personally.
D
I still wouldn't be able to catch them if they hide in the rocks and the 11 tangs, 2 Lamarck angels, flame Angel, 2 Clowns and two wrasses 2 Anthias and 1 pj Cardinal

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, a Hail Mary shotgun approach is something to consider; Prazipro and a broad spectrum antibiotic like Neoplex. Copper is problematic in a tank with sand and rock. My worry is that if the fish have ich or velvet and you don’t use copper, the end game is they will probably die.
Instead of copper , formalin is another medication used for ich .
not sure of it’s effectiveness , but I remember being advised to buy the highest percentage formalin as many different ones are available .

OP
OP
VetReefer

VetReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be sure to test ammonia too... all those fish can overload a biofilter.
Yeah ammonia is 0.
20210424_170601.jpg

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess if it were me... with that much invested in the fish. I would just take the rocks out, cemented or not... and catch those fish. I would probably start with NFG bath for 45 min at double dose before they go into a QT. It has methylene blue a antibiotic.

OP
OP
VetReefer

VetReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a bad case of ick. How big is the tank? Hope you have a big fat skimmer to handle all the nasty from the tangs. Did you add all the fish in the display tank at once? If so that would drastically alter the bio load in the tank. Test the water and make sure everything checks out. If water is good see if there are other stress factors. Feed nori and garlic soaked mysis. I went through this several years back. It sucks, hang in there!
I brought some extra stuff to feed hopefully it works and I added all at once. Have a Platinum Trigger Sump and nyso 220 skimmer to be able to handle the tangs

dhnguyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"All my numbers are fine" What does that mean exactly?
Please provide actual test readings and what test kits you are using.

Your PBT does not look good. Besides the infection, he's at the very least very malnourished, is he eating?
And you need to feed more than just live brine shrimp. Brine shrimp has nothing in terms of nutrition value and are more of a snack and filler if anything. Think of eating popcorn for dinner.

crush240

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I can't make that much water lol. It's a 240 gallon. I'll try whatever right now
Hummm...ok. Then i would put the fish back in quarantine. Keep the main display without fish and treat the main display with something. How long will depend on future outbreaks on new fish to the display. The main display has been cross contaminated. You need to treat for it. Cure it. Then reintroduce your prize fish if any of them make it. Good luck!

OP
OP
VetReefer

VetReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
H
"all my levels are fine" What does that mean exactly?
Please provide actual test readings and what test kits you are using.

Your PBT does not look good. Besides the infection, he's at the very least very malnourished, is he eating?
And you need to feed more than just live brine shrimp. Brine shrimp has nothing in terms of nutrition value and are more of a snack and filler if anything. Think of eating popcorn for dinner.
Hanna and I'll check again once I get home and all fish are aggressive eaters. They've been getting live Brine, nori and Reef riot herb and carnivore

crush240

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess if it were me... with that much invested in the fish. I would just take the rocks out, cemented or not... and catch those fish. I would probably start with NFG bath for 45 min at double dose before they go into a QT. It has methylene blue a antibiotic.
Agreed

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Same with r
Well, a Hail Mary shotgun approach is something to consider; Prazipro and a broad spectrum antibiotic like Neoplex. Copper is problematic in a tank with sand and rock. My worry is that if the fish have ich or velvet and you don’t use copper, the end game is they will probably die.

Instead of copper , formalin is another medication used for ich .
not sure of it’s effectiveness , but I remember being advised to buy the highest percentage formalin as many different ones are available .
Also ruby rally pro which is reef safe

dhnguyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
H

Hanna and I'll check again once I get home and all fish are aggressive eaters. They've been getting live Brine, nori and Reef riot herb and carnivore

What about the PBT? Is he eating aggressively as well or is he unable to compete for food?

In any case I think the best course of action would be to move the fish into a QT/hospital tank and treat them accordingly. Leaving the DT fishless until this is under control.

dhnguyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if I missed it before but how old is this tank? That seems to be a lot of fish to add to a tank all at once.
Your system might not be matured enough to handle the sudden bio load.

OP
OP
VetReefer

VetReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about the PBT? Is he eating aggressively as well or is he unable to compete for food?

In any case I think the best course of action would be to move the fish into a QT/hospital tank and treat them accordingly. Leaving the DT fishless until this is under control.
What I've been saying I'd the rock is cemented in and some to the overflow box. I would literally have to reset the whole tank again. To be able to catch all of them

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back