HELP?! BROOK???

Davisc1293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This past week I've been observing my tank with a clown, bicolor blenny, and purple tang. I first noticed a white spot on the CB so have been monitoring the tank closely. A couple days ago i came to the conclusion the white spots were just tiny grains of substrate because they never lasted more then a day. well today my clowns swimming erratically and has a white film on his side (not the tiny white specs I've been monitoring ) but a large white film almost. I assume it is brook but am very inexperienced as this is my first saltwater tank. I did a few minute fresh water dip but don't know what else to do and I don't have a QT tank.

OP
OP
D

Davisc1293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its very hard to get a photo but i managed to grab this frame from a video its tough to see still however.
VideoCapture_20211024-172748.jpg

mottomegl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is defiantly a disease not sure if it is brook or velvet but i would get the fish out and a qt system to treat i would treat all the fish if the tank has no corals or invertebrates you can treat tank hopefully Jay will see this and help out he is helping me with something on another thread but regardless dont add any new fish me personally had to deal with disease in last winter i took all my fish out and treated them in qt and left the tank without fish for 82 days so the tank was disease free and i only put qt fish in my tank best lesson you can learn it took me over 20 years to learn my lesson and thousands of dollars

OP
OP
D

Davisc1293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Long story short I bought a 120 gal and a biocube 32 that I was gonna use as a QT before adding anything to the 120... i was planning on buying a house last year and setting them both up in the new house. With the market the way it is I decided I'm gonna be staying here at least another year while hopefully things settle out. But, my lack of patience and my drive to learn more about the hobby I decided to wing it and just setup the biocube in the mean time to learn more and hopefully be better prepared when I get to set up this 120. So for now I have a baller biocube with an apex lol but no QT tank. I just overnighted some ruby reef pro which I plan on dosing directly to the tank unless some of you can steer me down a better path.

mottomegl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
‘I dont think ruby reef pro will work i would use coppermene and buy a hanna copper checker to keep the levels right i know the feeling you want to rush things these is one that rushing is bad i would make the cube a qt tank if you are going to keep corals the rock needs to be removed cause after it is in copper which is coppermene not sure proper spelling it will kill corals cause the copper binds to the rock and doesn't come off easy search the site for more information Jay Hemdal is the most knowledgeable person on this site about disease

OP
OP
D

Davisc1293

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The clown didn't make it. So I probably wont treat the tank because when the ruby reef comes in because after looking at him it looks more like a wound but I have no idea what I'm talking about and I know it. but I guess it'll be good to have around just didn't need the overnight shipping

Attachments

• 20211024_220021.jpg
    20211024_220021.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 22

mottomegl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would return it save the money for a good product that works and i would not add fish to this tank for 72 minimum days that is with no fish take this as lesson to learn from the clown had a disease

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back