Help came home to sick firefish

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can order GC from the states to Canada. Here's a link.

You can also get all the other medications on ebay.
I hesitate to suggest this, but I think you Canadians need to write up a thread on how to get meds. I’m not suggesting breaking the law (grin) but this is just a bad situation. Folks in the US should watch the issue, as it could happen to us at some point. I wish hydrogen peroxide has had more research, I think it has potential in some instances.
Jay

Mr. Fishy Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hesitate to suggest this, but I think you Canadians need to write up a thread on how to get meds. I’m not suggesting breaking the law (grin) but this is just a bad situation. Folks in the US should watch the issue, as it could happen to us at some point. I wish hydrogen peroxide has had more research, I think it has potential in some instances.
Jay
I'm experimenting with H2O2 for that exact reason (Hybrid TTM), if you check out my QT thread in my signature you'll notice I began doing it with clowns. Also, the ban was on Canadian vendors selling fish meds, not Canadian's owning meds. So it's not illegal for an American vendor to sell us some fish meds. It's just illegal for Canadian vendors to sell meds to us. It's a stupid law with a loophole in it. I have no clue if they've changed it now, but that's what it stated the last time I read the law.

Edit: I don't know if this helps, but I ordered some meds a few weeks ago and got the package today. So I've confirmed this does work.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rickybobby

Rickybobby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a fresh water dip at 430 after work. Put poppy back in display. Tried to target feed brine shrimp and pellets. I think she ate something. Went upside down at 7pm. And 8pm. Rip princess poppy. Thanks everyone. My first fish I’ve lost after doing 8 weeks qt with copper and prazipro

Mr. Fishy Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did a fresh water dip at 430 after work. Put poppy back in display. Tried to target feed brine shrimp and pellets. I think she ate something. Went upside down at 7pm. And 8pm. Rip princess poppy. Thanks everyone. My first fish I’ve lost after doing 8 weeks qt with copper and prazipro

Sorry about your loss, some fish just never make it out of QT. We have to remember meds and QT stress kills off important gut bacteria, when that happens fish are much more prone to sudden death, especially if we don't cure all the issues within that QT period. They will easily succumb to the smallest infections without the proper bacteria to strengthen their immunity. Next time you should consider feeding live white worms and fresh clams to the fish during the observation phase (and while medicating) to help rebuild that gut bacteria that the meds kill. Also, if you decide to culture white worms, just check out the latest post on my build thread (how-to guide on culturing white worms). I hope this helps, good luck.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back