Help! Candy Cane/Trumpet Coral Looks Awful

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All! I have had my candy cane coral for about a month now and it has shown no signs of being healthy. I bought it off of a WYSIWYG section of a coral website that I trust and always ships me happy, healthy corals. Anyways, the coral didn’t look all that stellar on the website, but still in good condition. I figured I could try and help the coral out and put it in my tank. It was very small when it arrived and didn’t look too good, but it slowly looked a little better, but not much growth. The first couple nights I did see feeder/sweeper tentacles, but now they don’t show up. I haven’t moved or bothered it until today. I moved it 6 inches to where it could get more light and adequate flow. I haven’t noticed any pests and my parameters are all in check. Alk is a tad low at 7, but everything else is ideal. Ph also is a tad low at 8. Everything else in my tank is doing great, so I’m just confused on why my candy cane looks so bad :( Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
image.jpg

chadfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be shy for a few days while it acclimates. Keep the PAR on the low side, I bleached one of mine at first. PAR 80-100 is fine. You can always increase later

OP
OP
beehive124

beehive124

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s looked the same for weeks, so I think there’s some other issue. I’m hoping the move will help it grow a little more

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back