Help catching Neogonodactylus bredini

Danj2013

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got live rock from a Florida keys aquaculture plot about 6 months ago and about 3 months ago I started realizing the sounds I was hearing were mantis shrimp in the rocks and not pistol shrimps. Anyhow, I was okay with them untill now. I'm starting to realize they're hollowing out more liverock more than I'd like. One of them likes too peak into the bubble tip anemone to see if the clownfish is there from time to time, which kinda spooks me out. They also push the frag plug out of the rocks that aren't glued down. I'm thinking I have a few of them in roughly 30 pounds of liverock. These guys are smart and not big so I'm assuming the standard mantis shrimp trap I see sold online and in stores will be too strong for them to get into. Has anyone had any experience catching this particular species? I have a tiger pistol shrimp in there too and assumed he'd take them out but I don't think they've met each other yet. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Creggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following this thread as I have a mantis in my live rock that I think I'll need to evict if they're that active with burrowing through LR.

Hadla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t help but why is it always the people who don’t want mantis shrimp end up with hitchhiking ones? wish either of you were near me

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back