HELP!! CLOWNFISH BREATHING HEAVY

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so one of my Ocellaris clowfish that I've had for over a year isn't doing to well. I've noticed that he's stopped eating and has been breathing very rapidly. I noticed this yesterday and it's continuing today. I've also been monitoring his "skin" to see if I see white dots indicative of ice, brook, velvet etc and I don't see anything. Any advice would be helpful. Thank you guys. I will also post a video in the next hour waiting for my gf to send me a video.

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any corals in the tank? I noticed a few times my clownfish was breathing heavy and I thought it was dying too, turns out the torch coral it hosts in stung it near its gills. It went away in a few days, but once it got so bad I had to put the clowns in a breeder box because I feared she would keep going back to the torch (which she was doing)

OP
OP
PeterB113

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are there any corals in the tank? I noticed a few times my clownfish was breathing heavy and I thought it was dying too, turns out the torch coral it hosts in stung it near its gills. It went away in a few days, but once it got so bad I had to put the clowns in a breeder box because I feared she would keep going back to the torch (which she was doing)
My tank is packed with corals....

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have heard of cases of trachys stinging clowns, I would probably just move it to a different part of the tank for a few days to see if the clown gets better. Or maybe QT the fish.

OP
OP
PeterB113

PeterB113

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea but I don't think getting stung by a trachy would make him stop eating
I have heard of cases of trachys stinging clowns, I would probably just move it to a different part of the tank for a few days to see if the clown gets better. Or maybe QT the fish.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back