HELP! Clownfish has ripped fins under the body and is now not moving it’s tail fin

That1guy07

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an hour ago I discovered my clownfish is not using its tail fin to swim anymore. It is just using its pectoral fins. This is not normal. He is eating fine and he has full color except in the underside. He has ripped fins all alone the bottom of him. Just the bottom fins not the top. Those are the only areas that are discolored as of right now. I also noticed what looks like a bite mark on his side. I will attach a video of him. Will he be ok? Does anyone think it was his mate? Idk what happened or how to help the little guy out :(

Attachments

• IMG_5560.MOV
    41.1 MB

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could just be the torch stinging it. I don't see any signs of biting

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Fortunately, I have tools that allow me to expand the images. There IS a bite mark on lower part of tail and from the other clown (likely Female). I also see what looks like brooklynella or other spots on the area of upper dorsal BUT . . . There are so many Micro-bubbles in image making it hard to determine.
The microbubbles need to be reduced or stopped. Some causes for bubbles are :
Skimmer
Power heads/pumps
sump area before return pump
lack of baffles or pre-filters in the sump

What is happening regarding possible aggression? Simply take your cell phone and place in video mode for an hr, drop a little food and walk away and see what the other clown is doing. You will find culprit. Come back after an hour and review video. You Must walk away though when recording

OP
OP
That1guy07

That1guy07

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fortunately, I have tools that allow me to expand the images. There IS a bite mark on lower part of tail and from the other clown (likely Female). I also see what looks like brooklynella or other spots on the area of upper dorsal BUT . . . There are so many Micro-bubbles in image making it hard to determine.
The microbubbles need to be reduced or stopped. Some causes for bubbles are :
Skimmer
Power heads/pumps
sump area before return pump
lack of baffles or pre-filters in the sump

What is happening regarding possible aggression? Simply take your cell phone and place in video mode for an hr, drop a little food and walk away and see what the other clown is doing. You will find culprit. Come back after an hour and review video. You Must walk away though when recording
Yeah sorry the bubbles were from the skimmer. It’s stopped now. It’s not brook at least not that I know of since those marks were not there this morning when I checked. He was fine this morning swimming as normal as he always had.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back