Help - Copperband Butterfly will not eat clams..

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live blackworms. I was going to need to rehome him soon, and wanted to train him to eat out of a net to make catching easier when the time came. :D

Awesome!! That is very cool. I will just be happy if he can eat on a daily basis. I will work on the backflips afterwards. :D

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live blackworms. I was going to need to rehome him soon, and wanted to train him to eat out of a net to make catching easier when the time came. :D

I trained mine to call an Uber. :cool:

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update. The CBB is getting better everyday with the black worms. He ate about 8 last night and really went after them instead of watching them go by. He still hasn't touched the Masstick which is ok as long as he is visually eating then that is good.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations!

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried pushing the Masstick into the rocks where he tends to pick? Sometimes that will trigger them to start eating it elsewhere.

Here's mine at the glass and he'll even come right up and start while I'm still pressing it into the glass. Got my finger a couple times too ;)

Copperband13.jpg

OP
OP
JCOLE

JCOLE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried pushing the Masstick into the rocks where he tends to pick? Sometimes that will trigger them to start eating it elsewhere.

Here's mine at the glass and he'll even come right up and start while I'm still pressing it into the glass. Got my finger a couple times too ;)

Copperband13.jpg

Awesome! I am sure he will eventually get it. He is funny now. He seems like he is starving now. Soon as I come up to the tank he is following me around everywhere. He even comes up to the baster when I drop the black worms in. Lol!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back