Help! Corals/Coralline Won’t Survive

mehaffydr

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did a few big water changes a while ago, I could do a reset like that but I have been a little worried about the ammonia cycle. Do I need to worry about that?
No worries as the bacteria is in the rock and sand. Looks like you have plenty of rock. So 25% would be no problem.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea foundation pro for Cal, Mag, and Alk, API for the ammonia cycle. I occasionally get my water tested and thats how I get my phosphate levels.
Any idea what they use for phosphate?

some of the kits are useless as the range is 0 and 0.25 with nothing in between so 0.08 may show as 0.

OP
OP
T

Tom-nanoreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea what they use for phosphate?

some of the kits are useless as the range is 0 and 0.25 with nothing in between so 0.08 may show as 0.
Not sure, they have something they call a spin test and it does everything except trace elements. Its a very accurate test, Magnesium, Calcium, Ph, Ammonia, Alkalinity, Nitrates have always been exact

OP
OP
T

Tom-nanoreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My plan at the moment is to do a large water change or two and then start feeding more pellets and food and not touch it for a 2-3 weeks.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure, they have something they call a spin test and it does everything except trace elements. Its a very accurate test, Magnesium, Calcium, Ph, Ammonia, Alkalinity, Nitrates have always been exact

1654959345385.png

Min detection limit is 0.2ppm so it is not very accurate for PO4. It is made by API.

This is why I asked specifically about phosphate. Many tests are poo poo for saltwater PO4.

You should buy a real PO4 test kit before dosing PO4.

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you find feeding more is not producing the right numbers you can dose neophos and neonitro to bring those areas into balance.
This. I dose these and they’re very helpful when my nutrients get too low.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 105 86.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back