Help dropped food in tank

luckyazn6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my wife accidentally dropped all our auto feeder food into our 25g tank. We just did a water change and vaccumed some of it with what little water I had left. We just did a water change a day ago. What do you guys think I should do? Already started making more water and I added some prime in there.

five.five-six

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skim a little wetter, siphon into a filter sock,even into the tanks filter sock then just change the sock.

Bet the fish are happy LOL

OP
OP
L

luckyazn6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also this happened hours ago so some pellets are in pellet form sucked up a lot . I added some prime and she checked and ammonia was at .05 I told her we want 0

five.five-six

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re going to have to ride it out at this point. Perhaps add some amquel. Get as much of the pellets out as possible.

OP
OP
L

luckyazn6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey five five six I'm also in riverside I read a lot of things u post. Did a couple buckets full(about 2 gallons) of siphoning into a filter sock. Already have 6g of saltwater mixing and making more rodi water as we speak.

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my wife accidentally dropped all our auto feeder food into our 25g tank.

I bet "happy wife happy life" guidelines state that you should make that impersonal. ;) "The auto-feeder food is in the fist tank." for example. ;) (sorry, hope the levity is welcome)

I added some prime and she checked and ammonia was at .05

Is this a brand new tank?

OP
OP
L

luckyazn6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope about a year and half it was prolly the food she dropped in it was the apex auto feeder it was about halfway full of pellets and flakes

five.five-six

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey five five six I'm also in riverside I read a lot of things u post. Did a couple buckets full(about 2 gallons) of siphoning into a filter sock. Already have 6g of saltwater mixing and making more rodi water as we speak.

I wish I was around today, I’d give you a hand.

You have 2 real threats to your tank right now.

1) An ammonia spike but it sounds like you are getting that under control.

2) Making this your wife’s fault which will cause her to resent the tank and ultimately end your hobby. The most dangerous point in any marriage is the day you win an argument with your wife. You never really win, you are just waiting for her to show you that you lost and the longer you wait the worse it is. Blame the poor design of the autofeeder or better yet, blame the stupid way that you set it up.

How big is your tank?

OP
OP
L

luckyazn6

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
25 gallon innovative marine. They water is more cloudy but checked ammonia was down but could be because of prime. Nitrates and nitrite seemed normal. I'll do another water change tomorrow. Got a hob aquamaxx skimmer set low right now for some wet skim I guess

[Cameron]

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't worry about it too much right now. I would do ten percent or so water changes every couple days for a couple weeks.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back