Help! Eating base of torch, candycane, and frogspawn!

OP
OP
Technicorals

Technicorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

i wanted to give you an update on this situation. Upon further observation, i think the individuals above are correct in that these pests are more opportunistic feeders than the cause of the STN. The holes i mentioned earlier look like they could be from fragging, exposing the inside skeletal structure of the stony corals. Maybe the retraction of polyps is due to heads splitting? In any case, i’ve observed an increase of population of these guys, crawling around the rocks. Ive also seen an explosion of coraline algae for the first time since the inception of this tank. I’ve read that this is a good indication of tank stability so im pretty happy and dont want to mess with the tank too much. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread and especially @Auto-pilot for their suggestion.

OP
OP
Technicorals

Technicorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are the euphyllia doing now? I’m going through the same thing but I believe it’s from my Dino’s
Polyp extension is No better, no worse. Definitely still worse than when i first purchased tho. Acans and GSP seem to be doing just fine.
C822AF73-36C0-424F-9799-FF42AF009E24.jpeg

Nick Steele

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting same exact thing in my tank. Acans are as fluffy as ever if not more and actually growing decently too only things mad are euphyllia and two sps frags that are battling Dino’s badly.

Maybe the Dino’s are the cause and not those little bugs

OP
OP
Technicorals

Technicorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting same exact thing in my tank. Acans are as fluffy as ever if not more and actually growing decently too only things mad are euphyllia and two sps frags that are battling Dino’s badly.

Maybe the Dino’s are the cause and not those little bugs
Perhaps, ive been battling Large Cell Amphidinium for the better part of 8 months. Ive ended up siphoning out most of the substrate as they like to camp out there and never go into the water column. Its minimal now, but still present.

Attachments

• IMG_6361.MP4
    11.6 MB

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 40 48.2%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 43 51.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • None.

Votes: 22 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.6%

Back