OP
OP
S

Sfplaya1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed your tank 6-8 times a day..... I feed a combination of nori, NLS pellets, rods, LRS or my home made food daily. Literally 6-8 times a day. Pellet feeder 5 times alone. In a nut shell, feed as much as you can get away with.
I've tried that. They sorta dont eat the food if I feed more than 4 or so. I'll try expanding them but I feel they don't eat if they're hungry. My hermits and starfish has gotten so big due to that them not eating.

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy it at a store and support an LFS

That's often easier said than done. I've got at least (hold on, let me count....) 7 different LFS within 10 miles of my house -- The closest shop with LRS is a 50 mile round trip drive. And I'm from the land of LFS and wholesalers.

It's just not that widely available yet.

EDIT: Just to let you know, that means when I drive the 50 mile round trip to get LRS, I make sure to get like 5-6 packs lol..

Last edited:

K. Steven

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's often easier said than done. I've got at least (hold on, let me count....) 7 different LFS within 10 miles of my house -- The closest shop with LRS is a 50 mile round trip drive. And I'm from the land of LFS and wholesalers.

It's just not that widely available yet.

EDIT: Just to let you know, that means when I drive the 50 mile round trip to get LRS, I make sure to get like 5-6 packs lol..
I've worked with fish stores that either didn't carry it or didn't know about it to get it in stock. If they choose not to stock it, then that is an issue you should take up with the owner because more likely than not, the distributor carries it, or they can reach out to Larry and become an LRS carrier.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My fish are getting very fat on LRS Reef Frenzy. I've always underfed because I feared algae but with the right equipment you can fee really well and still maintain a nice system. I am now feeding like a mad man!

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My fish are getting very fat on LRS Reef Frenzy. I've always underfed because I feared algae but with the right equipment you can fee really well and still maintain a nice system. I am now feeding like a mad man!
There's also the guys like Rick Ross who have nitrates above 40 and Phosphates above 1.80 and have no algae at all -- it's off topic, but I believe there's more to the story than just nutrients

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
There's also the guys like Rick Ross who have nitrates above 40 and Phosphates above 1.80 and have no algae at all -- it's off topic, but I believe there's more to the story than just nutrients

Agreed and great point!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back