Help fish r dying

gray8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need help fish are dying we have had a great tank with healthy fish for 2 years and we bought 3 snails, a crab 2 anenomi, every thing is dead but the shrimp !!! We lost 3 old fish and now the other fish are whitish and look horrible

Soren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need help fish are dying we have had a great tank with healthy fish for 2 years and we bought 3 snails, a crab 2 anenomi, every thing is dead but the shrimp !!! We lost 3 old fish and now the other fish are whitish and look horrible
Welcome to R2R and sorry about your circumstances.
Without more information, especially pictures/videos, it is hard to assess what is going on, but this sounds like parasites, possibly Velvet (Amyloodinium), that may have been introduced with new arrivals.

Can you share pictures and let us know tank size, water parameters, type of equipment etc. so the community might help assess the situation?

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something has entered your tank.
2 year old system fish just don’t die like that.
Parasite, viral, bacterial! I don’t know but there not much in the post to move on anything.
Some history, a full tank shot, water chemistry is needed.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If I am reading your post correctly - you had some anemones die. This alone can cause significant problems. Do you have activated carbon running? Also - the implication was that all of your tank died except for shrimp - but - then you mention other fish. Can you post pictures?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back