Help! FS/FT 125G reef

Thunderstruck34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any input would be greatly appreciated. We have to take our 125G reef down and its contents(livestock, liverock) are being moved to Arizona. This move is going down next week on wed/thur by truck. Long story why it's so short notice! So...

-Would anyone be willing to trade the actual 125G tank for something smaller in the 50Breeder to 75G ish range? I could throw in a couple pieces of livestock/frags to sweeten the deal.

-Does anyone have any spare moving supplies like foam boxes, buckets, bags or anything?

-Any suggestions for a move like this?

-Any alternate trade-sell-buy scenarios suggestions are welcome, let swing a deal!

-I can help you move/setup anything we can work out with a truck and enclosed trailer.

PrisonCityReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know Jason had a 75G tank or 2 for sale:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/f229/leaving-hobby-have-alot-stuff-37550.html

Not sure what he still has though. He's getting out of the hobby so I don't know if he would want a trade. He is asking a fair price for the tanks though last I heard.

Just in case you get an offer to buy the tank straight out from someone. Best of luck! Get ready to do way more top-offs down there!

edit:
Also, some quick pics of the tank might be a good idea.

OP
OP
Thunderstruck34

Thunderstruck34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
just a little heads up everyone. I told my brother he could post this thread as he is moving. Not me, I will act as the middleman so to speak and relay messages etc. Just thought i'd clear that and to stop any confusion.

ReeferGoalie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many styro coolers do you need? My area under the basement stairs is (literally) filled with them.

MrSquid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep us updated on how it goes moving all your stuff to Arizona. Later this year I will have to decide if I will sell off my tank & contents but move the equipment, if I should sell off everything, or if I should try to bring it all to California.

Have you decided what to do with the stuff that you ARE taking to try to keep the smell from completely filling the truck/trailer/vehicle that you're using to get it there? That's my concern in moving stuff.

Needless to say, I'm really interested to see how your move goes.

OP
OP
Thunderstruck34

Thunderstruck34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
well i'm glad to see some interest in the livestock etc. and how the move goes. Like I stated earlier this isn't my tank and it's my brothers and HE is moving, not me. With that being said I'm not 100% on what his plans are so I may be wrong on a couple things. But... I know for sure that he is moving this next week thursday and won't be taking everything with him. Some stuff (corals, fish, live rock) for sure will be up for sale. He still is going through the process of picking what he will take and what he won't so as soon as those updates become avail they will be posted.

scthomps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, I am the one who is actually moving. Ill try to keep everyone posted as to what's going on. The plan so far is to drop off the 125G + stand at Jhildebrand's house next week with all extra livestock and rock. He has first dibs on what he wants for helping me out so much! He will have whatever is left after Wednesday next week.

As far as the move goes I'll have approx 50% of the water mixed up ahead of time in AZ and am planning on transporting all the rock and livestock in a combination of totes (rock), foam cooler (fish and corals) I have a inverter, heater and powerhead slated to go in each. I used a similar approach when i moved here from Wyoming and had no losses. I guess my biggest worry is a mechanical breakdown or extended stop where i couldn't get power.

Once I get there i should be able to re-acclimate everything back together and get things up and running. The rock is going to be fully submerged with a heater and powerhead so I am hoping there will be little to no dieoff and thus I wont have to cure it.

Thats the plan so far, what has really made it all happen is all of John's help and expertise!

Jhildebrand

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I forget, I also have two battery operated pumps you can take with you if need air.

Once I get things sorted and settled I will post pics of sale items and you can paypal him directly. PM if you are interested in anything and I'll start a list and go in order for potential purchases. I'm just doing this to give a fellow reefer a hand so he can focus on moving quickly, not worrying about taking apart a big tank.

Boostin_s14

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Dave, I got ahead of my self and only read (live stock, live rock) and said "I want one" lol.

I sure hope the take down and move go well. I am still interested in the rock and livestock of whatever you don't want to cart to the AZ

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 26.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back