HELP - Going on vacation and Profilux 4 lost wifi connection

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need download the package above at this link:

You need to use the above tool to do the wireless upgrades not the GHL desktop tool :).

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I was about to re install GCC as I thought perhaps the wifi folder had not installed properly

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, nothing ever works for me with GHL... [emoji35]

6b9852b9bf058d36e606db9b9e346b9d.jpg

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So it keeps getting better... I cancelled the update but now my P4 is in “transparency mode” (whatever that means...) so I cant do anything [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

I must say you guys are awesome and one of the few reasons I have put up with GHL quirkinesses but I am getting very close to throwing the towel and star a “switching to Apex” thread...

Sorry for the rant... as I said, you guys are awesome.

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to help :) We will get you through this..

Reboot the unit should take the unit out of transparency mode.

Did you unzip the WiFi update tool into it own files?

Run the tool also as fun as admin also and let see if that works.

Also do the reprogram file system first then the WiFi.

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Ditto, but I am really getting fed up. Ever since I bought the P4 every update is a chore. Nothing ever works the first time, the info provided in the videos is often outdated and there is always a step you need to guess (like right now having no wifi update tool where it should be)...

To top it off having to use an archaic windows PC (which i bought specifically for the P4) only adds insult to injury.

I have not mentioned that i had to re connect the P4 and the doser to the GCC, because for some reason all connections have been erased.

Every firmware update crashes midway through and I have to reload my P4 and sensor settings...

My doser 2.1 needs to be serviced every 2 to 3 weeks if I dose more than 1500ml (spread across 150 doses) per day. Have replaced some 6 pump heads already....

My propeller breeze simply stopped working so I had to run and buy a chiller... the list goes on and on...

But in the meantime i need to get this working so again, thank you very much for your help!

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@VJV - sorry about all your issues :(.

The upgrading on the really older versions can be a pain.

But the advantages of upgrading the WiFi firmware and the web interface is after that you will only do the wifi firmware and the web interface inside the P4 itself and not through the legacy desktop app :).

I do empathize with you on how frustrating it can get when it does not work.

@Vinny@GHLUSA tagging him also for help :) @WWIII tagging also @kodo28 to make sure we have a few people here to help.

Last edited:

kodo28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, nothing ever works for me with GHL... [emoji35]

6b9852b9bf058d36e606db9b9e346b9d.jpg

Make sure extract all the files to local folder and make sure to run the tool in the same folder were the firmware file his.

kodo28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure extract all the files to local folder and make sure to run the tool in the same folder were the firmware file his.

Dosing 1500ml day for sure the maintenance will be huge, did you think on doser maxi instead ?

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dosing 1500ml day for sure the maintenance will be huge, did you think on doser maxi instead ?

I have but when I bought the doser I was told it would be good for ATO purposes up to a gallon a day so I expected it to work... anyway.

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"If you are upgrading from WiFi-version before 6961, you must install the filesystem from the file spiffs.bin either via upgrade in a running Webinterface (Network->File transfer...), the tiny rescue-update page (http://IP-address of your controller) or via the controller's USB connection and WiFi-Update-Tool."

I really do not understand what any of that means...

kodo28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"If you are upgrading from WiFi-version before 6961, you must install the filesystem from the file spiffs.bin either via upgrade in a running Webinterface (Network->File transfer...), the tiny rescue-update page (http://IP-address of your controller) or via the controller's USB connection and WiFi-Update-Tool."
I really do not understand what any of that means...

You need to update the system file ( Spiffs.bin ) you can do it also on the Wifi-Update Tool.

Make sure to make a backup of our settings and sensor ;)

1565386946645.png

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you unzip the WiFi update tool into it own files?

Hi Ditto, not sure exactly what do you mean here... The zip file appears in the "Downloads" folder of the PC. Do I need to move it into another folder (which one?) and than unzip?

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to update the system file ( Spiffs.bin ) you can do it also on the Wifi-Update Tool.

Make sure to make a backup of our settings and sensor ;)

1565386946645.png
One question: do I do this while connected to the P4 via USB or without connecting it?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 73 51.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 31 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.3%
Back