HELP - Going on vacation and Profilux 4 lost wifi connection

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This router must be doing some weird stuff. My MacBook is connected to the 5ghz network (as I can clearly see in the wifi settings) but the router page is saying that it is actually connected to the 2,4ghz...????

kodo28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I know if I have dual antenna or separate mode...?
Well not sure how the NOS router handle both networks. On my router, I can set same SSID name or not for both network and I can turn on/off each network separately.

1565396869801.png

1565396928870.png

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure as I can't see the same options. Both networks are active, have different SSIDs but same password..

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyway, 1:34am... we have been at this over the past 3,5h. Time to go to sleep. One wife and 4 kids waiting from in the morning. Thanks guys. Much appreciated. If you have any idea the meantime just shoot. See you tomorrow.

kodo28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure as I can't see the same options. Both networks are active, have different SSIDs but same password..

If you have different SSID names and the Profilux settings are filled with the SSID for the 2.4 network than it should be connected to the 2.4ghz.
I do have also 2 differents SSID with same password. PC is connected to 5ghz net and Profilux to the 2.4 and I am not having any issue at all using the GCC app.

Did you check if there is no kind of MAC filtering activated on router side or some kind of WPS pairing securtiy activated ?

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have different SSID names and the Profilux settings are filled with the SSID for the 2.4 network than it should be connected to the 2.4ghz.
I do have also 2 differents SSID with same password. PC is connected to 5ghz net and Profilux to the 2.4 and I am not having any issue at all using the GCC app.

Did you check if there is no kind of MAC filtering activated on router side or some kind of WPS pairing securtiy activated ?

Hey. So I disconnected the 5.0ghz network, redid the wifi settings and still nothing... nada... zilch...

Ping keeps saying that the destination host is unreachable and I can’t connect wirelessly...

kodo28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you able to ping your router from the PC you are using ?

can you also try following ping : pathping <Profilux IP>

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This reminds me of the early days of the neptune systems Aqua Controllers. Have to be an expert in port forwarding and Dydns accounts. Things have come a long way since.

VJV, at least when this is all said and done, you will be an expert at connecting to your P4.

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This reminds me of the early days of the neptune systems Aqua Controllers. Have to be an expert in port forwarding and Dydns accounts. Things have come a long way since.

VJV, at least when this is all said and done, you will be an expert at connecting to your P4.

Ha ha ha! Well, I confess that I am getting veeery tempted to pull the plug and buy the Apex...

However, a quick look at the BRS user reviews dor the Apex and the 10 or ao last reviews all rate it between 1 and 3 stars and none would recommend the product to a friend.... which is kinda scary.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can relate to the low review scores. I have a love/hate relationship with neptune systems.

A good buddy of mine is waiting on GHL to drop their new ion director and he is scrapping his entire 2016 Apex system for $6k worth of GHL equipment.

Personally I wouldn't do that, for one, I don't have that kind of money to spend.

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you able to ping your router from the PC you are using ?

can you also try following ping : pathping

Pinguing the laptop is successful with 4 packets sent and 4 received.

The pathping returns a bunch if numbers I cannot make out.

kodo28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pinguing the laptop is successful with 4 packets sent and 4 received.

The pathping returns a bunch if numbers I cannot make out.

I mean ping the router IP from the laptop ;)

Can you post the outcome from pathping of the profilux

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying but for some reason tapatalk decided not to allow me to post the picture...

kodo28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Is your router IP 192.168.1.94 ? looking to your previous pictures the IP set on Gateway setting from Profilux was 192.168.1.1

If you ping your router, you should get the name of your SSID in line 1 or the the profilux name if targeting the Profilux IP.

1565709696275.png

Back