HELP - Going on vacation and Profilux 4 lost wifi connection

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is your router IP 192.168.1.94 ? looking to your previous pictures the IP set on Gateway setting from Profilux was 192.168.1.1

If you ping your router, you should get the name of your SSID in line 1 or the the profilux name if targeting the Profilux IP.

1565709696275.png
Ok. So this is what I get when I path ping my router:

IMG_0416.jpeg

kodo28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. So this is what I get when I path ping my router:

IMG_0416.jpeg

Ok so ping is ok to the router,
Did you try to ping another host (device) from the network ? Are they reachable or do you get also host unreachable ?
Did you try to deactivate the firewall ?

OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so ping is ok to the router,
Did you try to ping another host (device) from the network ? Are they reachable or do you get also host unreachable ?
Did you try to deactivate the firewall ?
Hi,

I believe all the other devices are reachable (I have wifi connection in 6 iPhones, one TV, two MacBooks, the Windows laptop, etc. I will check it to make sure.

I did not however, turn off the firewall... is that required?

Also, I did manage to get the Dose 2.1 connected at first try as I was changing a couple of settings using GCC (wifi connection) GCC froze up, disconnected me and deleted both my physical and wifi Doser connections...??? I may have to upgrade firmware as I believe I never did on the dose but I also do not get any warning that it is out of date..

Kind regards

Vasco

Last edited:
OP
OP
VJV

VJV

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EUREKA!!!!! I finally have my Doser 2.1 and my Profilux 4 online!!! @kodo28, @Ditto and @everyone else that chimed in a big thank you. In the end to get the P4 connected I installed a Devolo power line extender with a separate wifi network and was able to connect the P4 using that network. The Doser 2.1 connected without issues to my normal network though.

Hopefully I have seen the last of this ordeal!

porter_painter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
EUREKA!!!!! I finally have my Doser 2.1 and my Profilux 4 online!!! @kodo28, @Ditto and @everyone else that chimed in a big thank you. In the end to get the P4 connected I installed a Devolo power line extender with a separate wifi network and was able to connect the P4 using that network. The Doser 2.1 connected without issues to my normal network though.

So the problem was the router/settings rather than P4?

Good on all the contributors for the persistence :)

kodo28

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

EUREKA :D . Did you had low signal on P4 wifi ? or maybe to many other equipment on same signal.
I could read some one else also in same boat, he got it solved with an extender.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 9.5%
Back