Help, Hammers and goni's dying and tang has ich

Aquaryist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please help, my hammer corals are dying, my gonis have algea growing on them and my powder brown tang has ich. It's a lot for one thread I know but any help you can provide is welcome.
My tank is about 6-7 months old. It's a redsea 525 (108 gallon display with a 20-30 gallon sump). I've got a regium and the Aqua 25 watt UV, readsea 1500 rollermat, and the Bubble Magnus 5. I've got 3 Radion XR15 Pros on AB+ at 64% and 4 MP 40s at 25%. I think this might be too much flow.

It started a few weeks ago I turned my lights (aclimated) to 100%. At that time par on hammers was around 180. Then my tang got ich and I notice my Alk was at 5. I started treating with Polyplab Medic (8 spoons twice a day with UV off). I started dosing rea sea Alk and Ive got that back to normal. I was due a waterchange then. I've waited on the Waterchange but today I'm doing a 40 gallon water change.

I've already l9se one Hammer and 1 Goni. I don't have a hospital tank as my wife refuses to let me set up a second tank.

I know my Phosphate and nitrates are high but could that kill my hammers?

Current par on corals is 110 on hammer and 85 on. Goni's

Ph4 - 0.27 (high)
No3 - 39.0 (high)
Kh - 9.1
Ca - 370 (low)
Mg - 1400
Ph - around 8.1
Salinity - 1.025
Temp - 78.5

These numbers are steady for months except my alk which dropped to 5 and now normal and my current calcium. I usually run calcium at 450. But I don't have and to dose and without water change for that last month it's dropped. Still 370 isn't that bad is it?

All help is welcome. Would love to save everything if possible.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lps treatment is a good water change, raise calcium and if you think your lps have brown jelly then I would recommend Cipro treatment for the tank.

You have a UV, change the bulb and make sure the flow is proper through the unit. If it has a quartz sleeve clean that to ensure that the UV is effective for ICh killing.

Back