Help have no idea what the heck this is!!!!!!!!

puccie1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have lost 4 puffers (1 stars and strip, 2 mappa, 1 starry) my dog face don't seemed to be bothered by it all the rest of the fish in the tank seem to be fine, the pic shown here happen over night side of his face swelled then the white spot showed up and since then hasn't eaten , I lost a giant Zappa , and stars and strips with this parasite or????? whatever it is copper is being treated in the tank since the 8th of June, (copper power). please if you have any idea please let me know meds and dosage usually after 2 days the fish dies (puffers only except dog face. Thanks for your time

IMG_0452.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have lost 4 puffers (1 stars and strip, 2 mappa, 1 starry) my dog face don't seemed to be bothered by it all the rest of the fish in the tank seem to be fine, the pic shown here happen over night side of his face swelled then the white spot showed up and since then hasn't eaten , I lost a giant Zappa , and stars and strips with this parasite or????? whatever it is copper is being treated in the tank since the 8th of June, (copper power). please if you have any idea please let me know meds and dosage usually after 2 days the fish dies (puffers only except dog face. Thanks for your time

IMG_0452.jpeg
Appears to be gram negative bacterial and should be treated in separate quarantine setting treating with seachem neoplex for 5-7 days
Add aeration and maintain water quality
May have begun with an injury

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with @vetteguy53081 this looks to be bacterial. Circular lesions, with blanching around the edges are almost always due to bacterial infection. That said, this one came on really fast, and antibiotics take up to 5 days to start working, so the fish may not have that much time.

Did the other puffers shows the same symptoms?

Jay

OP
OP
P

puccie1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with @vetteguy53081 this looks to be bacterial. Circular lesions, with blanching around the edges are almost always due to bacterial infection. That said, this one came on really fast, and antibiotics take up to 5 days to start working, so the fish may not have that much time.

Did the other puffers shows the same symptoms?

Jay
yes I have erythromycin powder ,metronidazole and kanaplex any of these meds good to use thanks

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would dose both Erythromycin and Kanaplex - that would help cover both gram negative and gram positive bacteria. Personally though, I prefer Neoplex....

Jay

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 25 30.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 66 80.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • Other

Votes: 4 4.9%
Back