Help! I can’t find one!

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m setting up a Mixed Reef tank and one of the SPS I would like to get my hands on is a Pink Cadillac Acropora. It’s a pretty coral, just one problem, I CANT FIND ONE. Everywhere I look, from online pictures, to wholesalers, to even some threads, I can’t seem to find a specimen or a picture of one actually decent. While all pretty, I’m looking for one that has the bright pinkish reds, orangish coral, the teal tips, and yellowy tips. Long story short, please help me find one that is a colony that looks like the picture below…what I’m after, and if you own one, please post a picture, and if you know somewhere that sells them like that, please tell.
1664830841515.png

Yellowsound

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sad reality is, they just don’t look like the picture you posted. It’s a beautiful coral, but they generally look like this (photo courtesy of coraleuphoria.com)
1664832944529.png

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The coral euphoria picture is pretty spot on for day lighting. It looks pretty good all blue too. If you look at the coraline and other corals in the tank of your image you can see how it's not realistic in colors.

Look up RR firecracker or some type of Pink Panther type acropora if you like the red/pinkish base with yellow tips.

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The coral euphoria picture is pretty spot on for day lighting. It looks pretty good all blue too. If you look at the coraline and other corals in the tank of your image you can see how it's not realistic in colors.

Look up RR firecracker or some type of Pink Panther type acropora if you like the red/pinkish base with yellow tips.
Yea….I knew it was probably too good to be true, but I just didn’t want to believe it you know? Thx for the other coral recoms. Ima search up the RR Firecracker see how he looks like. Any other corals that are kinda similar to that?

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sad reality is, they just don’t look like the picture you posted. It’s a beautiful coral, but they generally look like this (photo courtesy of coraleuphoria.com)
1664832944529.png
I thought so.:crying-face: Its a expectation vs reality type a thing huh? Don’t get me wrong a like the true colors, but it’s not the fake ones lol. Thx for the comment though. If you know of any other corals that kinda have what I’m looking for pls let me know

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought so.:crying-face: Its a expectation vs reality type a thing huh? Don’t get me wrong a like the true colors, but it’s not the fake ones lol. Thx for the comment though. If you know of any other corals that kinda have what I’m looking for pls let me know
pink/red with yellow that's super common and inexpensive would be Jason Fox Flame. But it is a completely different growth structure. You're not gonna see a lot of polyps flowing or anything. This was mine under 14k metal halides and blue xho strips.
fox flame.jpg

Coral Euphoria is a great seller that represents his coral very well. Same goes for Adam at Battle Corals. I plan to do a pack through him in the future. Those would be two sites I'd recommend for accurate representation and healthy corals.

OP
OP
Petcrazyson

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pink/red with yellow that's super common and inexpensive would be Jason Fox Flame. But it is a completely different growth structure. You're not gonna see a lot of polyps flowing or anything. This was mine under 14k metal halides and blue xho strips.
fox flame.jpg

Coral Euphoria is a great seller that represents his coral very well. Same goes for Adam at Battle Corals. I plan to do a pack through him in the future. Those would be two sites I'd recommend for accurate representation and healthy corals.
Wdym by differnent growth pattern? You mean like the Cadillac branches out more and the Flame bases out more?

Smite

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wdym by differnent growth pattern? You mean like the Cadillac branches out more and the Flame bases out more?
If feel like JF fox has more of a smooth skin look to it. Polyps less pronounce and mine has grown more like a bush with a tighter growth. Pink cadillac had more pronounce polyps, kind of a purple look that stood out, so overall had more of a classic acro look to it; more textured appearance. I sold my colony of pink cadillac off but it grew upwards then kind of fanned out for me. I'm sure that can vary system to system but that's my experience with them. I always like to google search full colony pictures of the corals I'm interested in when possible. If you google both those, I think you'll see what I'm talking about.

My files are all mixed up. I think I sold off my Pink Caddy in '19 or 20'. I found a shot of it as a frag, you can see how the polyps are denser/closer together as a frag
This was G3 AB+
pinkcadillac nub.jpg

Later on under radium, 20k MH. Wish I could find the full colony picture. But you can see the branches aren't as dense or tightly packed. At least that was my experience with it. A gorgeous coral and if you want a quick grower that's not a bad choice at all.
pinkcadillac.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back