HELP!! I NEED HELP TO FIGURE OUT WHAT SIZE AND OR WHAT RANDOM FLOW GENERATOR SHOULD I GET FOR MY FLUVAL 13.5G TANK??

michael squire

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i ordered a random flow generator and it came in the mail today and it is way to small for the fluval evo 13.5 and i’m not happy! i have no idea how to measure how big the nozzle would need to be or anything does anyone have any links or names to rfg’s that would fit the fluval evo 13.5??

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just did a quick Google search and saw that there are quite a number of options, along with videos regarding your question.
1603373116277.png

Hooz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A month late, but... I think most Fluval tanks use 1/2" NPT fittings, so 1/2" loc-line and a 1/2" RFG should fit. At least the VCA ones. No idea about the home printed eBay ones.

As a side note: I upgraded the return pump on my Flex 9, but it still fell on the "minimum recommended" end of VCA's specs for the 1/2" RFG. Instead of just living with it, I got a 1/2" -> 1/4" loc-line adapter/reducer, some 1/4" loc-line and a 1/4" RFG. Now, instead of being at the minimum for a 1/2" RFG, my flow is right in the sweet spot for the 1/4" RFG.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back