Help I think my clown has an Intestinal worms/Internal parasites

eb_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a pair of clowns 10 days ago as my first fish to my reef tank. One of the pair had a string of poop attached to him. At the time I didn't think much of it. That same fish wasn't eating as well as the other. Yesterday I noticed him breathing heavy and now he's hiding at the bottom of the tank.

I check the post for fish diseases and the picture of Intestinal worms/Internal parasites looks like what he had fits everything but mine isn't eating well.

I am getting a QT tank ready and picked up some medication. Should I move them both to the QT tank?

My tank is a 30g bio-cube. I started my cycle towards the end of May taking things really slow. No ammonia or nitrites. Salinity 35 ppm

OP
OP
E

eb_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's was stringy and very thin. More transparent than white to me

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's was stringy and very thin. More transparent than white to me

If he isn’t eating well, I would treat with API General Cure in the QT. That contains both prazi & metro.

OP
OP
E

eb_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I moved both fish to a QT tank and started the API General Cure treatment. Today I noticed that the second clown (one with a black face) has the same stingy thing coming out of his belly. It has been there all day today. I was able to grab a photo of it using burst shots. It's hard to see so I added an arrow to highlight. Is this an Intestinal worms or parasite?

https://imgur.com/a/ZDKFGON

OP
OP
E

eb_reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got a good pic of the stringy thing and just noticed a spot on the side of his mouth maybe gills, I'm not sure.

Please help!

2018-08-13 10_35_25-Video - Google Photos.png

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back