Help!Ich on the new fish

ajiisss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a tank up and running for more than 3 months 220 gallon. I have 10-12 large and small fishes
My last addition was a swallow tail angel which apparently was copper and Prazi treated . When I put in tank my coral beauty attacked it and chased him for a while and he started getting white spots. After few hours I notice this and captured the swallow tail and QTed it now my question is will other fish get ick none of the other fish has it. Its a FOWLR. The fish source usually is good and always disease free . I am wondering if my other fish gets I may need to treat copper in my DT

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a tank up and running for more than 3 months 220 gallon. I have 10-12 large and small fishes
My last addition was a swallow tail angel which apparently was copper and Prazi treated . When I put in tank my coral beauty attacked it and chased him for a while and he started getting white spots. After few hours I notice this and captured the swallow tail and QTed it now my question is will other fish get ick none of the other fish has it. Its a FOWLR. The fish source usually is good and always disease free . I am wondering if my other fish gets I may need to treat copper in my DT
You can't treat copper in your display. It will leech into your rock and sand. Copper is toxic to inverts.

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If Ich is now present in your display you have 2 options... remove all fish and treat for Ich accordingly in a hospital tank while going fallow for 76 days (I think that's right). Or, maintaining a healthy diet for your inhabitants and accepting that ich is now present and not going away.

OP
OP
A

ajiisss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If Ich is now present in your display you have 2 options... remove all fish and treat for Ich accordingly in a hospital tank while going fallow for 76 days (I think that's right). Or, maintaining a healthy diet for your inhabitants and accepting that ich is now present and not going away.
So I never had ick in my tank until I added the new fish .. what a bummer

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I never had ick in my tank until I added the new fish .. what a bummer
Do some research before you make a decision on how to go forward. In my case (which I'm not advocating without research) I have ich on one of my clowns right now. I'm not doing anything about it. My fish get spots every now and then and they fall off. Nothing bad ever happens. I have 8 fish in my 90 gallon, including the dreaded tang and have never lost a fish from illness.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 9.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 25 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back