Help ID Discoloration on face of Bristletooth Tang

CamD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestions for discoloration on the face of a two-spot bristletooth tang? See pics (ignore the water spots).

I have had him for 4 weeks now in QT. No meds, just observation. These discolored areas showed up this morning when I looked in before work. He was in QT with a convict tang that was purchased at the same time from the same store. I quickly moved this guy to another tank this morning. I have been watching him tonight and behavior seems normal.

I'm in Canada, don't have access to a lot of meds. I do have some Prazipro, Copper Power, Cupramine and a bit of MetroPlex on hand.

Convict seems ok, nothing noticed on him.

1614734448815.png
1614734520843.png

1614735302232.png

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lesions look a bit like head and lateral line erosion but that does not show up like that overnight. That leaves the idea that the fish got freaked out and ran into a crevice or something. If it is an injury and it gets infected, then you can treat with a broad spectrum antibiotic, but nothing that you have listed.
Jay

OP
OP
C

CamD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The lesions look a bit like head and lateral line erosion but that does not show up like that overnight. That leaves the idea that the fish got freaked out and ran into a crevice or something. If it is an injury and it gets infected, then you can treat with a broad spectrum antibiotic, but nothing that you have listed.
Jay

Thanks Jay, it's quite possible this has been developing over the past week. I've been away and relying on wife to feed etc. She didn't notice anything but this guy is quite shy and likes to hide when anyone is around. This morning was my first opportunity to sit for a while and have a good look. Never had to deal with HLLE but have been doing some reading. Will proceed on this basis for now and continue to observe. Thanks again.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back