Help ID Hitchhiker Zoa on Frag purchased

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

bdunn13

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased an Alien Egg frag a few weeks back. I picked this particular WYSIWYG b/c I knew I was getting a free coral too. However, now I am wondering what I have...

Can someone from TSA please ID the Zoa next to the Alien Egg. The pic is the one from TSA where I made my purchase.

1625580615383.png

Thanks

Coral Winslow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pandora or Mohawk hard to tell. Either way both are super fast growing and almost invasive. You can snip the plug and place it on its own rock or another frag plug.

Legendary Corals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Mohawks! They're beautiful zoanthids that have gorgeous glitters throughout the body. Since they do get rather big in polyp size, it's best to give them ample room to grow, as their larger polyp size can overshadow smaller zoanthids near them.

Winslow's advice to break them off the frag plug (you can use bone cutters) is a great idea, as it'll allow you to watch them grow on their own.

Just John

Valuable Member? Seriously?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Mohawks! They're beautiful zoanthids that have gorgeous glitters throughout the body. Since they do get rather big in polyp size, it's best to give them ample room to grow, as their larger polyp size can overshadow smaller zoanthids near them.

Winslow's advice to break them off the frag plug (you can use bone cutters) is a great idea, as it'll allow you to watch them grow on their own.
And if you don't have bone cutters yet, you should buy some from Amazon. You will definitely use them more than once in the future.:)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back