Help ID My Torch, NEW YORK KNICKS??

CCauthers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say, I've seen the HG in person and it is absolutely stunning, even coming from an SPS guy ;)

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Wasn’t aware there was a straight indo gold.

Get off the cross we need the wood.
Indonesian gold torch is the standard, it’s where the torch is from. A majority of torches are split into two regions... Indo-Pacific and Australia

I agree with the designer names comment, it really is a sales pitch and allows vendors/private sellers to charge more for their pieces.

BighohoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will say, I've seen the HG in person and it is absolutely stunning, even coming from an SPS guy ;)
Fully agree... look up ASD HG one of my favorites!!!

OP
OP
SR Reefing

SR Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TCK Master is nice too
20200718_202041.jpg

BighohoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sheesh... You have a beautiful Indo gold torch, genus: euphyllia glabrescens. Unless you plan to sell it what does the name matter? If you do sell it name it what you want there really is no standard outside of the region. As you can see everyone is going to comment on what it is and isn’t. I’d buy it regardless of the name it’s a beautiful torch that’s all there is to it.
giphy.gif

Augie P

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well. I think I own a real fat head like u r talking about.
20200824_002141.jpg

Some time people mistake with Aussie gold due to how fat the heads get.

That’s an awesome torch!
here’s two fat heads I have, both from indo.

OP
OP
SR Reefing

SR Reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sheesh... You have a beautiful Indo gold torch, genus: euphyllia glabrescens. Unless you plan to sell it what does the name matter? If you do sell it name it what you want there really is no standard outside of the region. As you can see everyone is going to comment on what it is and isn’t. I’d buy it regardless of the name it’s a beautiful torch that’s all there is to it.
giphy.gif
Totally agree.
It matters around 10 month ago. It doesn't really matters now since I collected a ton of torches already.

BighohoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, would this be a Dragon Soul?

5B6A5501-174E-4342-B630-5ED1374EB601.jpeg
Do you have a clearer picture? Definitely Indo-gold most likely as dragon soul or whatever you’d like to name it

gray808

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please! Enough with these stupid names. Did someone actualy get approval from the NY Knicks to use their name. I doubt it. You people that buy into this crap are nothing but idiots.

Yeah. They should all be named Coral#2191782726361112.111.2.3334

Calling people idiots for using a naming convention you don't like is crappy behavior. If you don't like it, don't use it. No need to be an *** about it.

--Gray

Gonzo74

Nibbling on sponge cake...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a clearer picture? Definitely Indo-gold most likely as dragon soul or whatever you’d like to name it
This picture is without a filter. My blues don’t help.

i don’t really care, since I don’t see them. Just curious.

CC9AA5C9-A46B-4D19-8863-527E20911B7F.jpeg

BighohoReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This picture is without a filter. My blues don’t help.

i don’t really care, since I don’t see them. Just curious.

CC9AA5C9-A46B-4D19-8863-527E20911B7F.jpeg
That’s sad... they look like they are doing well.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a credit from a very well known company and they are offering a new york knicks for 299. It has a green mouth and looks like orangish purple tentacles with very light tip and i know they are using alot of blue! Most of the pics I see the tip are blue. Almost as if they fixed the pic somehow because they are BLUE! Should I go for it? Do ny knicks come in a light tip variety?

I am editing this because I noticed that the calikids one in this post has light tips!

Last edited:

Elitecorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a credit from a very well known company and they are offering a new york knicks for 299. It has a green mouth and looks like orangish purple tentacles with very light tip and i know they are using alot of blue! Most of the pics I see the tip are blue. Almost as if they fixed the pic somehow because they are BLUE! Should I go for it? Do ny knicks come in a light tip variety?

I am editing this because I noticed that the calikids one in this post has light tips!
Knicks' features are blue tip and green mouth with gold tentacles

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, idiots? Come on now. No need for that.
He's kinda got a point, aside from the name calling. The names of these corals mean nothing, have changed for the exact same colored coral (current holy grails are not the same as holy grails a few years ago...), and mean very little. It would be better to describe the torch's colors, e.g., gold torch. or call it a premium torch, show a photo and describe the torch. Liveaquaria has been good at not falling into not helpful nonsense marketing of animals.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this torch? Is it an indo gold, aussie gold or ny knicks. I have no clue. Very different and cant seem to get info from who I won it from. I think I may have overbid but I have bought a lot of coral from them and think they are going to work me a deal!

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 63

jcates

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is this torch? Is it an indo gold, aussie gold or ny knicks. I have no clue. Very different and cant seem to get info from who I won it from. I think I may have overbid but I have bought a lot of coral from them and think they are going to work me a deal!
Doesn't look like my Knick torch but is very cool. I would think it would be strange for Unique not to have something on their website?

Back