HELP ID Please

Trouble1375

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
unnamed.jpg
Just when I think I have things going in the right direction I find more weirdos in my tank. My tank had a 90% water change in April due to a NoPox overdose that almost killed everything had we not caught it when we did. That is past and now, 3 months later, I am finding odd things. I know we just had a huge sprouting of pineapple sponges and spirorbis worms in both sumps and both overflows. Tonight when I was standing next to the DT doing a water change on the QT I noticed these odd creatures (?) growing on the glass in the overflow. I have not reached in to touch them to see how they feel or react and I can't really see them from the fronts because they are in the overflow and I can only see what is attached to the glass. There are about a dozen or so just in one overflow and varying in size.

Parameters
Temp 78.3
Salinity 1.025
pH 7.9
Alk 8.064
Calcium 455
Mag 1560
Phosphate 0
Nitrate 4.63
Iodine .1
Strontium 4

I did a round with Cyano about a month ago - treated with Chemi-Clean and the appropriate water change and no further signs of Cyano. It was only in one spot in one sump so it was caught early. I have what I believe are dinos at the moment also - not sure what what caused them but they are easily brushed off the rocks. I was battling with high phosphates (above .3) for quite some time and today was shocked at a 0 reading - so shocked that I tested it twice. I have been gradually bringing them down using Phosphate E - only thing that seemed to work.

I think that covers most of the questions that might be asked.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Poriferan sponge and pineapple sponge
Both favor shady areas

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Pineapple will vanish on its own. Poriferan can get crazy. Scrape off with edge of a credit card to remove or expose it to air and it will be short lived

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back