Help ID this little flapping creature

goriogabriel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone help me identify what this is? I saw this in swimming around my tank while I was doing WC.

it looks like a tiny flower, and it’s flapping its crown

Attachments

• IMG_6354.MOV
    10.7 MB
OP
OP
goriogabriel

goriogabriel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upside down jellyfish polyp. They will attach to rocks or be free floating, They dont like flow so alot of times they stick to rocks. They are harmless. I had hundreds of them and my Copperband ate them all.
Ohhh should I just let him live? Lol if ot’s not harmful to my SPS and the fish, i’ll just keep him

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhh should I just let him live? Lol if ot’s not harmful to my SPS and the fish, i’ll just keep him
Its harmless, and they rarely live long enough to get larger. Kinda cool little guys. Like I said, I had literally hundreds of them. Their juvenile polyp stage looks like little aiptasia almost and then then turn into those guys like you just posted about.

OP
OP
goriogabriel

goriogabriel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its harmless, and they rarely live long enough to get larger. Kinda cool little guys. Like I said, I had literally hundreds of them. Their juvenile polyp stage looks like little aiptasia almost and then then turn into those guys like you just posted about.
Thanks for the help! i agree, they look cool and adorable. I’ll keep them

Bucs20fan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the help! i agree, they look cool and adorable. I’ll keep them
Honestly its not gonna be a situation of keeping or getting rid of them, they will live in every little crevice you have. But this is one that wont hurt anything and some wrassed and butterflies eat them. Just another creature we have in our tanks. Although not as common.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back