OP
OP
N

Nekrud

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Probably what destroyed my corals. Glad to know.

Isopod80

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a Blue velvet nudibranch years ago to clear a flatworm issue. That was a sight to see. The thing was a beast. Lol

Isopod80

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Probably what destroyed my corals. Glad to know.
Don't be so sure. These don't feed on corals directly. They mostly become fatal to corals when their population becomes so dense that they actually smother the coral. You still definitely want them gone.

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried several different methods. Manual removal - tedious at best and marginally effective. Flat Worm Exit - first at suggested dosage, then at 1.5, and finally at 2x. Knocked them back but the ones that survived were unfazed even at 2x. What finally did it for me was a pair of Blue Star Leopard Wrasses. Not only did they completely remove them from my tank, they happen to be absolutely stunning to look at and excellent reef fishes.

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Being one of the worst challenges you will encounter, these pests feed primarily through photosynthesis (light) and they can quickly multiply to the point that they fall under a plague category and deposit tiny eggs quickly.
While removal with 3/8" tubing into a stocking works, i high numbers , it is not enough.
Wrasses such as yellow coris, Leopard,6 lined, lunare and melanurus will eat them, but they tend to take breaks also.
Last method is salifert flatworm exit. It will however have some impact on coral and inverts and must be used carefully (50 drops per gallon). If going this method, you MUST siphon tank surfaces daily to remove dead ones which can release toxins.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 45 86.5%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.8%
Back