Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes.
87.jpg 86.jpg 88.jpg
Gosh. In tank scrubber. I had a couple rocks that bloomed like that. I plucked as much as possible by hand and with good forceps and added 2 urchins. It took a couple weeks but it's under control. Mostly gone. The urchins don't eat it till you pluck it first.

meermann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gosh. In tank scrubber. I had a couple rocks that bloomed like that. I plucked as much as possible by hand and with good forceps and added 2 urchins. It took a couple weeks but it's under control. Mostly gone. The urchins don't eat it till you pluck it first.
Which particular kind of urchin do you have? My Tuxedo eats only encrusting pink algae on the rocks and the back glass. I can't put long-spiked urchins like Diadema setosum in my 40G.

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which particular kind of urchin do you have? My Tuxedo eats only encrusting pink algae on the rocks and the back glass. I can't put long-spiked urchins like Diadema setosum in my 40G.
I used pincushion in that tank. The prefer rocks to glass. They also eat coraline but eat most things in their path. I think they keep this stuff under control because they keep it scraped to the root while eating other algae. I have 2 in a 55, 2 in a 75 and one in a 30. I let lots of algae grow so don't have to feed them. Good luck.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 20.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back