Help identify what my tang has

Zoaologist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just added my Achilles tang into my reef on Friday after 30 days of being in qt. He had a little ick pop up while in qt but it all went away with some copper power. When I added him to the display after 30 days in qt he was looking really good and eating really good. Now he has some white spots which appears to be ick and he has a white circle under his gill (circled in red in photo). Can anyone tell me what’s going on with my tang? & what I should go about doing for treatment? I’m currently using all 3 of the different types of refrigerated Dr. G’s food and he still has a pretty active appetite. I don’t think catching him from the reef is really an option at this point as he’s in a 500g fully stocked tank.

Thanks.
01413352-26BA-404C-A9B2-63CBA8792CC2.jpeg
4A9BF4F0-6D08-43E5-90EF-66A24853EA0B.png

Old Fritz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be the ich survived on the tang which could be from a few things or there was ich in your dt that was manageable. Really the only way to treat a reef tank is to go fallow and treat the other fish in a qt tank. It is possible for the fish to live with ich in the tank and the ich can be manageable, however myself and a lot of people don't recommend letting that happen because all it takes is one bad water change where salinity or water params get messed up and stressing the fish and then you have an outbreak on your hands

OP
OP
Z

Zoaologist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some mirrors up on the tank and I haven’t really noticed any tang aggression. I was thinking maybe a sting from one of my torches maybe?

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t see ich, I agree with the sting or fight.

OP
OP
Z

Zoaologist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t see ich, I agree with the sting or fight.

attaching another pic I know it’s hard to see and it’s hard to get a good picture of this fish. But there are for sure some white spots on him that just popped up a few hours ago. He’s still eating really good and super active. He’s eating the Dr. G’s up also.
AD61A5AE-D3F0-43A6-A34E-33A8BD0AF133.png

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back