[Help] Inspiration for Caribsea Aquascape - Reefer 250

Astro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Sorry I'm not sure if I am able to ask this so please let me know if I'm not! :)

I have recently set up a red sea reefer 250 tank and have a lot of caribsea life rock. I am very unsatisfied with my own ability/creativity to aquascape, and am hoping people could share their aquascapes with these rocks for inspiration or any tips!
IMG_3511.png

This is my current tank build thread
From left to right: Cave on an arch, another arch onto live rock, and another arch from that.
Not pictures: an arch and two boulders hidden in my sump because I'm not sure where to place them.

Total rocks:
- One cave
- Four arches
- One donut
- Two boulders
- One life rock (the red one)
- a flat long rock I got for a zoanthids garden.

Goals for aquascape:
- lots of caves and crevices
- lots of surface area with a variety of heights for placing corals
- mixed reef tank
- Ideally not on the back of tank, but honestly wouldn't mind compromising on it.

So yeah! Thanks for reading, and sorry again if this isn't allowed! But I was ultimately just hoping people could share their aquascapes with these rocks and/or with a similar tank of dimensions (90x50x53) cm

Edit: Also a home for my watchmen goby/pistol shrimp, and my anemone.

Last edited:

lavoisier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that is a great scape! Keep in mind that as your corals grow out, fine details "disappear" and it is the overall structure that is "seen." Your positive space ratios (vertical and depth) are very close to the Golden ratio (5::3). If I were you I would shift focus now to the color of your coral additions. Color wheels are a big help as you plan for your tank.

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great.....I rebooted my mature reef using this rock with the same goals in mind. It is set up strictly for SPS. This was when it was first set up.

Scape.JPG

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine, 4 x 2 feet. It's actually nine sections I put together using emarco cement. I used a box of bases, several regular arches, mini arches, couple of caves, and a tree. Tried to build vertical with swim throughs with overhead cover, and numerous places for fish to hide or sleep. Most coral will sit on top. Video:
Front.jpg

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think it looks good. Don’t be so hard on yourself. Once you add corals and they start to grow you won’t even see the aquascape.

ReefRy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree that yours look fine the way it is. Don't be afraid to try different things. Mine took 6 or 7 tries before I was satisfied. Tough to see the depth and features, but here's a couple angles:

Attachments

• 20201204_162500_HDR.jpg
    20201204_162500_HDR.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 20201212_145536_HDR.jpg
    20201212_145536_HDR.jpg
    360.4 KB · Views: 96

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 116 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back