HELP! Introduced a Platinum into tank with black clown. Black clown is not happy! WHAT DO I DO?!

Cfellini91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I traded some frags to my LFS and used the credit to get a new fish. (Currently I have a 6-Line wrasse, coral beauty angel and a black clown in 30g tank).
I picked up a platinum clown. I asked the guy how he think she'd do with my black clown I have had for a year and he said as long as the black clown is bigger they should be fine. The platinum is 1/3 smaller than the black clown. I introduced the platinum into the tank and the black one keeps going up and nipping and pushing the platinum into the top back corner. I put in a mesh box in the tank and put the black clown in it. I am letting the platinum get used to the tank. The black one is in the mesh box and keeps ni[[ing the net when the platinum swims by. (Pictures below. Link to video https://youtu.be/nnpcy44OZN4 )

The black one lost its partner last year after a damsel (no longer have) bullied her out of the tank. They were bonded six months and the smaller one, the one I have, should be male. This one was the smallest platinum the LFS, so might be male too(?).

What do I do?

Do I keep the platinum in the mesh box and take the black one out? Should I set up my 3g QT and put one in there and wait a few days? Do I let them go at it tomorrow and see if by night they can work it out? Should I trade my black clown in for a baby one at the LFS and introduce it, brand new, to the tank and my brand new platinum? Thoughts? Opinions?

Also, no, I do not have an anemone.

IMG_7497.jpeg IMG_7496.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7498.mov
    22.6 MB

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You say the Black and Platinum don’t get along?
Edit: even jokes about “jokes” could be inappropriate nowadays

How long has this been going on? Usually you would thing the size difference would be enough. Might be a species thing as I own both types right now and I thought Platinums were perculas and midnights are ocellaris, but I dunno.
I’d love to see those offspring

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back