Help! Is this cotton???

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello all!i have a female anthias that I put into my main display yesterday. While netting her out of qt she looked fine with no spots on her. When I got her in the tank I noticed two white “things” attached to her fins. Is this possibly just debris that got stuc to her during netting or maybe her fins got damaged? She went through 1 week of copper at 0.5 ppm, a round of prazipro, and metroplex, kanaplex, and focus for two weeks in food. If it’s cotton, shouldn’t kanaplex have taken care of that. It says for fin rot and bacterial infections. Please help!

I’m referring to the tiny white dot on her tail
57188ECB-FBD0-4544-BD05-B0266F6D9BF9.jpeg

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The photo is a bit blurry but it looks to be Lymph. It is viral and tends to dissipate with good diet and water quality. Maybe post some more pictures. I also posted this thread below for you to check out.

OP
OP
Cassian

Cassian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The photo is a bit blurry but it looks to be Lymph. It is viral and tends to dissipate with good diet and water quality. Maybe post some more pictures. I also posted this thread below for you to check out.

Thank you very much. I’m very sure that’s what it is. Looks just like it. I can try to get a better pic, but this things moves a lot. Lol

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 9.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back