Help! Fedex mistake or something else??

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am requesting a moderator to pm me regarding someone who frequently sells on here and has a good rep. I got a bill from fedex for $142 when the deal was supposed to be free shipping, and now it has been sent to a collection agency. Fedex is looking into it currently. Guessing I'm not the first one this has happened to and want to prevent it happening to someone else.

Edit: In contact with the seller and assured the issue has been fixed. Waiting to get confirmation from fedex that the bill has been cancelled with the collection agency as well.

Thanks,
Doug

Last edited:

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pm sent

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am requesting a moderator to pm me regarding someone who frequently sells on here and has a good rep. I got a bill from fedex for $142 when the deal was supposed to be free shipping, and now it has been sent to a collection agency. Fedex is looking into it currently. Guessing I'm not the first one this has happened to and want to prevent it happening to someone else.

Thanks,
Doug
#mod

OP
OP
dougers31

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should add that I believe this was for one 5# package so fedex pricing is kinda high...unless there were late charges on it but who knows. I just got the bill about a week ago and the package was shipped in early Oct.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dougers31

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone else got a "free" package through a seller on r2r and were invoiced for it months later feel free to pm me and we'll see if it's a pattern... I am open to the possibility it could have been a mistake as I hope for the best in people, but don't think that's likely given the information I have.

Last edited:
OP
OP
dougers31

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starting to believe this was an isolated incident and possibly a mistake on FedEx's part... still waiting to hear back from them though. Fedex sending the bill to a collection agency after telling me the issue was fixed was pretty lousy either way. Whole ordeal has been a big waste of time and stress that was not needed as I was thinking(at first) that someone may have been stealing my identity etc. Fun times...

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ship and sell quite a few things through FedEx. Unless I'm mistaken FedEx always requires payment upfront for overnight deliveries. They do from me anyway. I bet this was an oversight on FedExs behalf. Or possibly the wrong weight of the package was submitted by the seller and FedEx is trying to collect the difference. Either way should fall on the sender.

OP
OP
dougers31

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ship and sell quite a few things through FedEx. Unless I'm mistaken FedEx always requires payment upfront for overnight deliveries. They do from me anyway. I bet this was an oversight on FedExs behalf. Or possibly the wrong weight of the package was submitted by the seller and FedEx is trying to collect the difference. Either way should fall on the sender.
You might be right and it's looking more like a fedex error... the thing that really made me question things was my last name being off by a few letters when the seller had the correct spelling through pm and paypal, that and the $142 charge for a 5lb package. Hopefully will all be cleared up shortly.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 126 59.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.1%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 76 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 16.9%
  • Other

Votes: 63 29.6%
Back