Help locating spearing mantis shrimp

Jelpin16

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all

I was wondering if anyone had any leads on spearing mantis shrimp? I have contacted a few online vendors with little luck. I have been watching liveaquaria and blue zoo aquatics.

I am looking for either a pseudosquillia cilliatis or small L. maculata. Unfortunately each maculata I have found is adult size and I would like to start with a younger specimen.

Thanks for any help!

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello all

I was wondering if anyone had any leads on spearing mantis shrimp? I have contacted a few online vendors with little luck. I have been watching liveaquaria and blue zoo aquatics.

I am looking for either a pseudosquillia cilliatis or small L. maculata. Unfortunately each maculata I have found is adult size and I would like to start with a younger specimen.

Thanks for any help!
LOL when I first read your post (the first sentence) - I thought you were asking about 'how to spear a mantis shrimp'. I would suggest trying to get a hold of a an LFS that imports directly - and ask them to try to order one.

Hadla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will probably have the most luck with one of the websites for a ciliata, I’ve only seen them in stores twice in the last 8 years which sucks cause they’re so fun to watch!

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KP Aquatics has a waitlist you can sign up for to be notified when they get P. ciliata in stock - you could probably send them an email and see if they’d be willing to pick one up for you.

Blue Zoo Aquatics is the only place I know that carries and ships L. maculata, but - similar to KP - you can always reach out to then and see if they can get one for you.

Hadla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back