Help......lyretail anthias bottom lip injury

Jlreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any help would be appreciated....I recently noticed an injured bottom lip on one of my lyretail anthias. I currently have 2 other lyretail anthias's that are just fine along with 4 other clownfishs, a blue hippo tang and a midas goby. All the other fishes are fine and all the fishes are eating. This evening's feeding I included seachem metroplex, any help will greatly be appreciated.
20210217_205052.jpg
20210217_205058.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this fish is feeding normally? Any idea how this happened? Other than giving it time to heal, the only option would be to treat with an antibiotic for secondary infection.
Jay

OP
OP
J

Jlreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this fish is feeding normally? Any idea how this happened? Other than giving it time to heal, the only option would be to treat with an antibiotic for secondary infection.
Jay
Yes, eating just fine. There is a peppermint shrimp in there that the lyretail anthias keeps going by but I could not see how a shrimp could do that damage but other than that no idea. I will just keep dosing the seachem metroplex just incase.
Thank you for your quick reply

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back