Help me choose a sump, please!

esloan88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to be switching out my CPR Wet/Dry for a full on sump with refugium. I have a 45 gallon cube with stand so I am a bit limited on space. My daughter got me a gift card for Father's Day and that is going to be used to purchase the sump.

I think I have it narrowed down to 2 different models but I would like some advice. Which would you prefer between the 2 models below? If you know of another sump/refugium that would be better, let me know. Keep in mind that I am limited to about 24 inches long under my tank and that I do not want to go much over $240.

Here are the 2 models I am looking at:

Aqueon ProFlex Modular Model 1
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=23752

And

Eshopps R-100
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=30997

Tautog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eshopps R-100 would be my choice. Any sump you can put your skimmer in would be top choice to avoid a wet issue when your skimmer goes nuts. Then it's the bigger the better.

OP
OP
esloan88

esloan88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eshopps R-100 would be my choice. Any sump you can put your skimmer in would be top choice to avoid a wet issue when your skimmer goes nuts. Then it's the bigger the better.

Thank you for your reply! The R-100 looks nice and I was leaning that way. It will be a tighter fit in my cabinet but I think it will work. I am hoping that either of these models will be a good replacement for my wet/dry.

OP
OP
esloan88

esloan88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking at the R-100, the only thing I am questioning is the return chamber being on the backside of the unit. That will make it difficult to access and to watch. Anyone have a problem with that?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you checked out the RS-100 model? The return is on the end instead of the back of the sump.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 12.5%
Back