Help me decide my light

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am torn. I really want 2 a360x for my 75 gallon as I love the wide bands of light. However, my reason for a new light is to get better spread around the edges and especially for the sps under the middle brace. The lps, anemones, and softies are all doing very well. Two radion g5 will fit the spread goals perfectly, but again I am a huge fan of the kessil appearance. I could also go for 4 primes but I am not sure how well 3d reefing diffusers work and I would definitely need them as the color blending on the primes is rather poor. The 4 primes would provide excellent spread if the diffusers for sure work.

Another possible option is to get the reef breeder legs for my ocean revives which would raise the height from 7 or so inches to 11. I could do this to try and get better spread and minimizing the hot spot issue I have right now if I raise the intensity. I could also try and put frosted acrylic on it but I am not sure if that would really do anything for spread (color separation is fine on these lights). I love the color of my current setup and wish I could just mount it higher but I am not sure if I can.

Someone help me decide lol

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am torn. I really want 2 a360x for my 75 gallon as I love the wide bands of light. However, my reason for a new light is to get better spread around the edges and especially for the sps under the middle brace. The lps, anemones, and softies are all doing very well. Two radion g5 will fit the spread goals perfectly, but again I am a huge fan of the kessil appearance. I could also go for 4 primes but I am not sure how well 3d reefing diffusers work and I would definitely need them as the color blending on the primes is rather poor. The 4 primes would provide excellent spread if the diffusers for sure work.

Another possible option is to get the reef breeder legs for my ocean revives which would raise the height from 7 or so inches to 11. I could do this to try and get better spread and minimizing the hot spot issue I have right now if I raise the intensity. I could also try and put frosted acrylic on it but I am not sure if that would really do anything for spread (color separation is fine on these lights)

Someone help me decide lol
Two Hydra 32s.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back