Help me decide on a skimmer and return pump please ?

TexasTodd

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use TWO smaller return pumps if you have the sump space. I've had a new Sicce ADV 7.0 for a few months now and it is amazing. The power this has for 55w is unreal. I believe it's a non-controllable DC pump. Two of these would probably be too much flow but you could add a second smaller and or controllable. Reef Octo vote, I've had three. Also agree with go a bit bigger than the 150int.

OP
OP
NoWaiAma

NoWaiAma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the same boat as you, as I am currently planning my first build. For a skimmer from my research and talking another members here I'm going to go with a Reef Octopus. For the pump, I think I'm going to with a Netpune COR-15 or 20. I probably go with the COR-20 only because I haven't purchased a Apex controller yet. Both CORs will work with any Apex controller but COR-15 requires a Apex controller is order to supply it power. Where the COR-20 is standalone.
I’ve settled on this overkill of a skimmer because I’m not in a rush and just got a raise. I’m hearing a lot of good on those pumps. Leaning towards varios atm

4EFBD59D-90CC-4B97-A773-F23E35A2BCA1.png

nickeg79

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skimz or reef octo skimmer, syncra or vectra return...that gives you good options across the range of prices

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back