Help Me Decide

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

SeabrookZoo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I am about to start a new system. Everything going in this tank is dry with no bacteria on board. It will be a fishless cycle and I will be dosing ammonia. I have an Apex system and a Trident that will be monitoring PH, Cal, Alk and Mag. While that tank is cycling, I will be checking ammonia to make sure I maintain 3-5ppm throughout the cycle. I will also be testing nitrite, nitrate and phosphate. I would like to have this automated as I am not alway home to do this.

Fist, is the reefbot or worth it?

Second, what are the best / most accurate test kits to use?

Third, can I fit ammonia, nitrite, Nitrate and phosphate test kits in the bot at the same time?

Any help or incite would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks, Mike!

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I am about to start a new system. Everything going in this tank is dry with no bacteria on board. It will be a fishless cycle and I will be dosing ammonia. I have an Apex system and a Trident that will be monitoring PH, Cal, Alk and Mag. While that tank is cycling, I will be checking ammonia to make sure I maintain 3-5ppm throughout the cycle. I will also be testing nitrite, nitrate and phosphate. I would like to have this automated as I am not alway home to do this.

Fist, is the reefbot or worth it?

Second, what are the best / most accurate test kits to use?

Third, can I fit ammonia, nitrite, Nitrate and phosphate test kits in the bot at the same time?

Any help or incite would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks, Mike!
Hello, of course the ReefBot worth it. You can test phosphate using RedSea, Nitrate nitrite using tropic Marin, ammonia using geisemann or api.
Yes you can fit all these together

cheers,

JaysLittleOcean

View Badges
Reaction score
like yourself I to wanted to automate testing on my aquarium. Not because I was traveling but because most of my time is spent running my companies. However, what you will experience when doing your research is that their are a number of individuals with different opinions. Some are in favor of the ReefBot and have had good experiences. Others such as myself signed up to enjoy the world of automated testing but our experiences differed and headed in the opposite direction as our counterparts. I believe if you research others experiences you can determine if the ReefBot is right for you. Good luck.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back