Help me design my next tank build. 4x2x1.5 high. Heaps of room for all sorts of cool things.

Leichardti

View Badges
Reaction score
So I've bit the bullet and am going to be buying a custom made ultraclear rimless 4x2x1.5. Tank builders have lots of access to equipment so I can have notches cut out, holes etc.
Currently the plan is to have a large external overflow on the back of the tank, with a large notch cut out of the top of the rear panel like in the photo below. I really wanted the entire rear panel to be a nice tealy gum-leaf colour however, which the overflow box will stop being that it's siliconed to the rear panel. I was originally planning for it to be vinyl wrapped, but quickly realised that the plumbing would still be visible.
I'm really trying to go for a COMPLETELY invisible overflow here, so that I get the same effect as a tank with a painted background without overflow. Some suggestions on ways to achieve this and other ways I can improve and modify the overall design would be greatly appreciated!
sketch with overflow.png

Have you ever had an algae outbreak so bad that you had to break the tank down and start over?

• Yes

Votes: 104 17.7%
  • No

Votes: 408 69.5%
  • Having a major outbreak right now and I'm considering it

Votes: 52 8.9%
  • I've never had algae and my name is Pinocchio

Votes: 23 3.9%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors