Help me figure out pulse mode for MP40 with an Apex

Xandernfs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have both my MP40s linked together. The left is always on anti-sync and the right is the master. I'm trying to figure out to get a wave motion using pulse mode. When I click on 'pulse mode' in fusion it gives me a value of .25 to 1300. I'm not sure what these values are but I've tried them out at different values and can't seem to really get it. When I upload it from fusion though, I never see that MP40s actually pulse. What am I doing wrong?

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to base it on the length of your tank. I saw a discussion on here one time before.
I have two mp10’s. I have a 24in wide tank. I set my master at 48 and they wave just five
I know it’s a pain in the butt to try to adjust it. But see if you can do it off what I have

OP
OP
X

Xandernfs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the MP40s on my reefer250 (3' tank). The power is set quite low and prolly should have gone with MP10s, but looking at the specs they technically won't fit on the glass (even though they do). Anyways I have my MP40 (right) max output at 18% and left at max output of 10%. I've tried the .55 and it did nothing to the tank. There was not 'wave' movement in the tank. How long should I wait to see the wave movement?

OP
OP
X

Xandernfs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should see the wave in less then a minute. Here some details on how other users have done this: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?12841-How-to-get-the-pulse-action-going

Thanks for the link! But my confusion is that if I set the anti-sync (slave as he calls it) at 100%, won't it be blowing sand everywhere since the power output is 100%?

Set one pump as master and the other as slave . Program the slave at " inverse 100 % " and upload its programming . Set the master on " pulse " at a relativly low power setting . Set the timing at .5 sec and upload the programming . Watch the tank reaction and change the pulse timing to a lower or higher value untill you get a wave . From there is is just a matter a fine tuning the pulse timing and the power setting .

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No because the 100% of what the pulse intensity will be, which is where you set the overall intensity of the pulse, setting it to 100% it will 100% of the pulse intensity.

When you configure the pulse that is the intensity of the pule. If your anti sync was for example 50% it would take 50% of the Max Intensity of the Pulse which would be 15%.
pulse_mode.png

Hope this helps

OP
OP
X

Xandernfs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, not really following on the last little bit you said. Not sure how 50% can be 15% of the output. But I'm under the impression that, based on the pic you posted that the maximum output will be 30%. This is what I'm currently set at

Master (Right side)
ucej5LM.png

Slave/Anti-sync (Left side)
JO1Sq8f.png

So If I change reef crest mode to pulse with a 50% output on my master, will I have 50% output? I'm sorry this is just really clicking with me. :doh:

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it would be 50% power of the pump. Think of it as the intensity of the pulse.

No problems :) Let

On the top Picture:
Your pump 00:00 10% is set to Lagoon this means 10% Intensity

On the bottom Picture:
That Pump it is set to anti-sync and 0% which means it will be off at that time. As it has no intensity.

OP
OP
X

Xandernfs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So to get that flow or wave motion, do you think I should bump up my intensity both pumps?

One other thing I have noticed that when I watch the flow of the pumps, they both spin the same way. Shouldn't they both spin towards or away from me if one is anti-synced to the other?

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets Try this

Set the Pulse Intensity at 80% and go with a pulse speed of .3

Set the master pump intensity to 80% and select pulse

Set the anti-sync pump intensity to 80%

See if you get a wave, if you do not increase the pulse speed by .1

Antisync means while the one one pump for example at 80% the other pump is running at 20%. It not that it runs in reverse (MP40 does not run in reverse)

On page 14 of this manual explains Sync, Anti-Sync master and slave very well :)

https://www.drsfostersmith.com/Media/PDF/72925-EcoSmartFullManual.pdf

OP
OP
X

Xandernfs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried it over the weekend, and was not able to get it. I'm thinking my tank just doesn't like it?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.7%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back